By now, most everyone has heard about the recent earthquakes in Japan, which have caused devastation that the populace is still reeling from. Due to this unfortunate series of events, New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Wrestling Hinokuni event in Kumamoto, originally slated for April 29th, will be rescheduled.
The event has been pushed out a bit and will take place during the Wrestling Dontaku events on April 27th and May 3rd. Sean Sapp of Wrestling Inc. has reported that proceeds from T-shirt sales of the Kumamoto show will go towards the quake relief efforts.
To some, it is a disappointment that such an explosive card, with such matches as Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale and Kenny Omega defending the IWGP Intercontinental Championship against Michael Elgin, will be delayed. But given the circumstances and the charitable notion by the promotion, it would behoove the wrestling fan base to follow suit by giving condolences and charity, not complaints.
- Another Slow Start, Sloppy Play Lead to Disaster in Dallas December 2, 2023
- Disappointing Homecoming for Vasilevskiy as Bolts lose 4-2 November 30, 2023
- Rocky Mountain Low for Bolts in Denver November 27, 2023
- He’s Back! The Successful Return of Andrei Vasilevskiy November 24, 2023
- No Overtime Luck for Bolts Tonight as Jets Win 3-2 November 22, 2023
- Measuring Stick Game for Lightning Comes Up Huge November 20, 2023
- Amalie Again Proves to be Sweet Home as Bolts Win 6-4 November 18, 2023
- Scoreless drought and losing streak come to an end in 4-2 victory November 16, 2023
- Stalwart Blues defense hand Lightning consecutive shutout losses November 14, 2023
- Saturday Night is Not Alright for Listless Lightning November 11, 2023