By now, most everyone has heard about the recent earthquakes in Japan, which have caused devastation that the populace is still reeling from. Due to this unfortunate series of events, New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Wrestling Hinokuni event in Kumamoto, originally slated for April 29th, will be rescheduled.
The event has been pushed out a bit and will take place during the Wrestling Dontaku events on April 27th and May 3rd. Sean Sapp of Wrestling Inc. has reported that proceeds from T-shirt sales of the Kumamoto show will go towards the quake relief efforts.
To some, it is a disappointment that such an explosive card, with such matches as Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale and Kenny Omega defending the IWGP Intercontinental Championship against Michael Elgin, will be delayed. But given the circumstances and the charitable notion by the promotion, it would behoove the wrestling fan base to follow suit by giving condolences and charity, not complaints.
- Losing streak ends, top line flourishes in a commanding victory March 28, 2023
- Bruins Clinch Atlantic as Lightning Woes Continue March 25, 2023
- Dashing plays by Ottawa hands Lightning an embarrassing loss March 23, 2023
- Puck luck not on Bolts side, road trip begins with a loss in Montreal. March 21, 2023
- Third Time’s Not a Charm for Lightning in Loss to Devils March 19, 2023
- After Hall of Fame Weekend, Bolts down St Louis and Montreal March 18, 2023
- Deuces Wild in Lightning Win Over Devils March 16, 2023
- Devil of a Time for New Jersey against the Lightning March 14, 2023
- Jets Stop Bolts in Homestand Finale March 12, 2023
- Win Over Blackhawks is On Point March 11, 2023