Joanie Laurer, better known by her nom de guerre, Chyna, was reportedly found dead in her Redondo Beach apartment last night.
CNN has reported that police were notified by a friend of Laurer’s that checked in on her and found her unresponsive. No cause of death has been determined yet, however there were no reported signs of foul play.
The former University of Tampa graduate rose to fame in World Wrestling Entertainment as the enforcer of the faction D-Generation X. She later had a dominant run as the Women’s Champion. Laurer was a trailblazer as she was not only the first woman to compete in both the Royal Rumble and the King of the Ring matches, but was also the only woman to hold the Intercontinental Championship.
The 9th Wonder of the World had a tumultuous post-WWE life, but found the strength to recover. Unfortunately, with many in the business of professional wrestling, Chyna is gone far too soon. Laurer was 46.
- Losing streak ends, top line flourishes in a commanding victory March 28, 2023
- Bruins Clinch Atlantic as Lightning Woes Continue March 25, 2023
- Dashing plays by Ottawa hands Lightning an embarrassing loss March 23, 2023
- Puck luck not on Bolts side, road trip begins with a loss in Montreal. March 21, 2023
- Third Time’s Not a Charm for Lightning in Loss to Devils March 19, 2023
- After Hall of Fame Weekend, Bolts down St Louis and Montreal March 18, 2023
- Deuces Wild in Lightning Win Over Devils March 16, 2023
- Devil of a Time for New Jersey against the Lightning March 14, 2023
- Jets Stop Bolts in Homestand Finale March 12, 2023
- Win Over Blackhawks is On Point March 11, 2023