Joanie Laurer, better known by her nom de guerre, Chyna, was reportedly found dead in her Redondo Beach apartment last night.
CNN has reported that police were notified by a friend of Laurer’s that checked in on her and found her unresponsive. No cause of death has been determined yet, however there were no reported signs of foul play.
The former University of Tampa graduate rose to fame in World Wrestling Entertainment as the enforcer of the faction D-Generation X. She later had a dominant run as the Women’s Champion. Laurer was a trailblazer as she was not only the first woman to compete in both the Royal Rumble and the King of the Ring matches, but was also the only woman to hold the Intercontinental Championship.
The 9th Wonder of the World had a tumultuous post-WWE life, but found the strength to recover. Unfortunately, with many in the business of professional wrestling, Chyna is gone far too soon. Laurer was 46.
- Another Slow Start, Sloppy Play Lead to Disaster in Dallas December 2, 2023
- Disappointing Homecoming for Vasilevskiy as Bolts lose 4-2 November 30, 2023
- Rocky Mountain Low for Bolts in Denver November 27, 2023
- He’s Back! The Successful Return of Andrei Vasilevskiy November 24, 2023
- No Overtime Luck for Bolts Tonight as Jets Win 3-2 November 22, 2023
- Measuring Stick Game for Lightning Comes Up Huge November 20, 2023
- Amalie Again Proves to be Sweet Home as Bolts Win 6-4 November 18, 2023
- Scoreless drought and losing streak come to an end in 4-2 victory November 16, 2023
- Stalwart Blues defense hand Lightning consecutive shutout losses November 14, 2023
- Saturday Night is Not Alright for Listless Lightning November 11, 2023