No wrestling promotion on Earth is going to be completely spotless when it comes to injuries. The three year old upstart promotion, Lucha Underground, which eschews the pseudo-sport atmosphere in favor of a more cinematic experience, is no exception to this rule. They’ve had their share of injuries during their existence and unfortunately, this past weekend saw a few more added to the injured reserve list.
At the Saturday television taping, Matanza Cueto had to be taken to a local area hospital. While punching through a glass window during a segment, Matanza nicked a vein. Apparently, the injury looked far worse than what it was and according to F4WOnline, he shouldn’t be missing too much time.
Making matters worse was the injury occurring at Sunday’s taping. Angelico reportedly injured his elbow after a botched springboard move. The referee threw up the “Dreaded X” sign, letting those in the back know that this injury is not a work.
More details will be given on these injuries as they come.
- Losing streak ends, top line flourishes in a commanding victory March 28, 2023
- Bruins Clinch Atlantic as Lightning Woes Continue March 25, 2023
- Dashing plays by Ottawa hands Lightning an embarrassing loss March 23, 2023
- Puck luck not on Bolts side, road trip begins with a loss in Montreal. March 21, 2023
- Third Time’s Not a Charm for Lightning in Loss to Devils March 19, 2023
- After Hall of Fame Weekend, Bolts down St Louis and Montreal March 18, 2023
- Deuces Wild in Lightning Win Over Devils March 16, 2023
- Devil of a Time for New Jersey against the Lightning March 14, 2023
- Jets Stop Bolts in Homestand Finale March 12, 2023
- Win Over Blackhawks is On Point March 11, 2023