After a fairly predictable Wild Card Weekend, the Divisional round of the NFL playoffs looks to shake up the Scrum staff playoff rankings
Unlike last season, the Wild Card round of the NFL playoffs resulted in wins for all the home teams. Many thought the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants would be the game of the week, but instead the Packers continued their hot run , rolling over the G-Men 38-13. The Giants know a thing or two about getting hot at the right time and it appears the Packers are following that model. The Houston Texans, Seattle Seahawks and Pittsburgh Steelers also moved on to the Divisional round.
The Scrum staff faired well on their Wild Card picks, but the competition becomes more stiff as the playoffs roll on.
The Perfect Squad (4-0)
Only one staff member nailed all four games last weekend, much like Aaron Rodgers can he continue his hot streak?
The Serious Contenders (3-1)
Five members of the Scrum staff correctly picked three out of the four games and are hot on Brooks’ trail just waiting for their chance to take over the top spot. Each member of the serious contenders squad miss-fired on either the Raiders-Texans game or the Giants-Packers game.
Middle of the Pack (2-2)
Four Scrum Sports members saw themselves go .500 during the Wild Card round, and look to make improvements going forward in the NFL Playoffs, or risk falling into picks purgatory.
Treading Water Club (1-3)
One member of the staff finished Wild Card Weekend with a below .500 record and although we don’t want to draw attention to the bottom, the Dolphins? Really? Still pleanty of games remaining to pull out of the choppy seas.
This week offers some interesting games, and one that many are viewing as over before the start. The Scrum staff agrees on the later, as everyone took the New England Patriots to defeat the Houston Texans in Foxborough. The Texans defense is strong enough to put up a fight, but in the end Tom Brady and Bill Belichick might be too much for the Texans to handle.
The rest of the card for this weekends playoff festivities has members of the Scrum staff in disagreement. Regardless of the outcome of those games, the fans are the real winners as this weekend should provide with some very entertaining games to see who moves on to Championship weekend
- Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons: Saturday Jan. 14 4:35 ET
- Houston Texans @ New England Patriots: Saturday Jan. 14 8:15 ET
- Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs: Sunday Jan. 15 1:05 ET
- Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys : Sunday Jan. 15 4:40 ET
Divisional Round Staff Picks
|Staff Member||Seahawks @ Falcons||Texans @ Patriots||Steelers @ Chiefs||Packers @Cowboys|
Make sure to comment with your picks and see how you stack up against The Scrum Sports staff!
- Eight More Years of Hagel August 22, 2023
- 2021-23 NHL Draft Analyses August 20, 2023
- 2018-2020 NHL Draft Analyses August 14, 2023
- 2013-17 NHL Draft Analyses July 23, 2023
- 2007-12 NHL Draft Analyses July 17, 2023
- 2023 3v3 Prospect Tournament Recap July 13, 2023
- The Best Leader in the NHL July 2, 2023
- Depth deals kick off the first day of free agency for the Lightning July 1, 2023
- 2023 Draft Recap and More Tales June 29, 2023
- A Winning Organization (on and off the ice) May 6, 2023