There seems to be a growing amount of concern for the WWE’s third and developmental brand, NXT. I for one, don’t understand why there’s so much concern. The 2016 WWE Draft definitely caused waves when Finn Balor, Nia Jax, American Alpha, Mojo Rawley, Alexa Bliss, and Carmella left NXT. Most of them were champions previously or looked like they were on their way to becoming champion at some point.
Fear not though. NXT is still in more than capable hands. You’ve still got the likes of Shinsuke Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Asuka, The Revival, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Liv Morgan, Peyton Royce, Tye Dillinger, and let us not forget the returning Hideo Itami and at least until after “NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 2”, Bayley. Does it seem like it’s really in trouble? I highly doubt it. In fact, I feel this crop can certainly be leagues above the ones that just left.
A lot of them are already stars. Coming from the likes of ROH, NJPW and TNA. These guys are primed and ready for their shot at the main roster. But, until some real spots open or they’re needed, they will stay in NXT to continue to draw that needed worldwide star power for the up and comers and they will also get to ply their craft in a WWE ring. It may not be THE ring but, until the next wave of future superstars are ready for TV from the Performance Center, these guys will wave that NXT banner high.
Let us also not forget, there are PLENTY of ring generals in control down at NXT and also not to mention plenty of vets running around usually as well. There’s a wealth of knowledge that’s available down there that is NOT available once they start that full road tour with the company. I’m positive the new sudents, the current worldwide stars and the future superstars are all doing what they need to do to ensure the survival of one of the best wrestling products that’s currently available in any market.
With that said, NXT is a revolving door and always has been. Much like the main roster, it’s something that will always produce the next round of talent. The WWE is a machine that can run forever as long as there are kids out there with that dream of competing for them one day. And even if you’re not in it for the dream and only for money, it’s a long road to the top. I for one can’t wait to see the new matches that will happen, the new rivalries, and the new people to rise to the top of NXT.
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022
- Sergachev, Palat combine for late goal to give Lightning 3-2 series lead June 9, 2022