Cody Rhodes may have requested his release from World Wrestling Entertainment a little over a week ago, dominating wrestling news within the sphere of social media since then. However, this doesn’t seem to be the end of Rhodes’ career in professional wrestling.
On Rhodes’ Twitter page, he posted a handwritten letter. It reads “After 8/19” (likely the date that the non-compete clause in his contract, which prevents him from working for another promotion, is set to expire), followed up by a list of wrestlers that he wants to wrestle;
-The Streamers Thing
-Personal Ring Announcer
Maybe Rhodes’ next boss will be Dixie Carter of TNA. Quite possibly, it could be Gedo of New Japan Pro Wrestling? Outside of a few jokes in there, it seems that the majority of the opponents on this list are actively wrestling for Ring of Honor. Could ROH be the next stop for the pride and joy of the late great American Dream, Dusty Rhodes? Only time will tell. But we should definitely be hearing more on this within the next 60 days.
- A Night of Milestones and Streaks in the City of Brotherly Love December 1, 2022
- Stamkos and Lightning Come Up Short in Tough Loss to Boston November 29, 2022
- Snow Covered Buffalo faces Lightning Storm November 28, 2022
- Point Leads Way in Thanksgiving Showdown November 25, 2022
- Measuring Stick Game Show Lightning Falling Short to Boston 5-3 November 21, 2022
- The Original Swedish Defense Legend November 21, 2022
- Winter Classic Reunion Goes to Overtime November 19, 2022
- Face-off failures brushed aside; Lightning extend win streak to three games November 17, 2022
- 2020 Cup Rematch: Exciting OT Lightning Win 5-4 November 15, 2022
- Strong Start Propels Bolts to Victory November 13, 2022