Lefty was out of options following disappointing 2016.
After making the re-signing of 1B Logan Morrison official Tuesday, a spot on the 40-man roster needed to open up. The Rays solved that problem by trading LHP Enny Romero to the Washington Nationals for RHP prospect Jeffery Rosa, 21, and a native Dominican. In the Gulf Coast League last year he went 0-4 with a 4.91 ERA in 11 starts.
Romero, who just turned 26 last month, had a very disappointing season in 2016 and hasn’t been the consistent arm the Rays have expected despite being able to flirt with triple digits on the radar gun. Last season, Romero finished 2-0 with a 5.91 ERA in 52 games and finishes his Rays three-year career 2-2 with a 5.27 ERA in 76 games since making his debut in 2013.
- Resurgent Wings Beat the Lightning December 6, 2022
- NHL’s Best Captain December 5, 2022
- Stamkos honored, Cirelli return lead to Lightning Win December 4, 2022
- A Night of Milestones and Streaks in the City of Brotherly Love December 1, 2022
- Stamkos and Lightning Come Up Short in Tough Loss to Boston November 29, 2022
- Snow Covered Buffalo faces Lightning Storm November 28, 2022
- Point Leads Way in Thanksgiving Showdown November 25, 2022
- Measuring Stick Game Show Lightning Falling Short to Boston 5-3 November 21, 2022
- The Original Swedish Defense Legend November 21, 2022
- Winter Classic Reunion Goes to Overtime November 19, 2022