Lefty was out of options following disappointing 2016.
After making the re-signing of 1B Logan Morrison official Tuesday, a spot on the 40-man roster needed to open up. The Rays solved that problem by trading LHP Enny Romero to the Washington Nationals for RHP prospect Jeffery Rosa, 21, and a native Dominican. In the Gulf Coast League last year he went 0-4 with a 4.91 ERA in 11 starts.
Romero, who just turned 26 last month, had a very disappointing season in 2016 and hasn’t been the consistent arm the Rays have expected despite being able to flirt with triple digits on the radar gun. Last season, Romero finished 2-0 with a 5.91 ERA in 52 games and finishes his Rays three-year career 2-2 with a 5.27 ERA in 76 games since making his debut in 2013.
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022
- Sergachev, Palat combine for late goal to give Lightning 3-2 series lead June 9, 2022