Rays make two trades in two days!
Less than 24 hours after the Rays traded LHP Enny Romero to the Washington Nationals, general manager Erik Neander has completed yet another trade.
The Rays receive 28 year-old catcher Jesus Sucre, from the Mariners, in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations. Sucre was not added to the 40-man roster but he has received an invite to spring training.
#Rays get C Jesus Sucre from #Mariners (who else?) in trade for cash or PTBNL
— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) February 8, 2017
Signed out of Venezuela by the Atlanta Braves in 2005, Sucre made his major league debut with Seattle in 2013. He appeared in 90 games posting a .209 BA over the last four seasons.
It appears that the Rays and Mariners have become great trade partners. Paging Robinson Cano!!!
- Losing streak ends, top line flourishes in a commanding victory March 28, 2023
- Bruins Clinch Atlantic as Lightning Woes Continue March 25, 2023
- Dashing plays by Ottawa hands Lightning an embarrassing loss March 23, 2023
- Puck luck not on Bolts side, road trip begins with a loss in Montreal. March 21, 2023
- Third Time’s Not a Charm for Lightning in Loss to Devils March 19, 2023
- After Hall of Fame Weekend, Bolts down St Louis and Montreal March 18, 2023
- Deuces Wild in Lightning Win Over Devils March 16, 2023
- Devil of a Time for New Jersey against the Lightning March 14, 2023
- Jets Stop Bolts in Homestand Finale March 12, 2023
- Win Over Blackhawks is On Point March 11, 2023