Rays make two trades in two days!
Less than 24 hours after the Rays traded LHP Enny Romero to the Washington Nationals, general manager Erik Neander has completed yet another trade.
The Rays receive 28 year-old catcher Jesus Sucre, from the Mariners, in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations. Sucre was not added to the 40-man roster but he has received an invite to spring training.
— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) February 8, 2017
Signed out of Venezuela by the Atlanta Braves in 2005, Sucre made his major league debut with Seattle in 2013. He appeared in 90 games posting a .209 BA over the last four seasons.
It appears that the Rays and Mariners have become great trade partners. Paging Robinson Cano!!!
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022
- Sergachev, Palat combine for late goal to give Lightning 3-2 series lead June 9, 2022