Rays make two trades in two days!
Less than 24 hours after the Rays traded LHP Enny Romero to the Washington Nationals, general manager Erik Neander has completed yet another trade.
The Rays receive 28 year-old catcher Jesus Sucre, from the Mariners, in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations. Sucre was not added to the 40-man roster but he has received an invite to spring training.
— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) February 8, 2017
Signed out of Venezuela by the Atlanta Braves in 2005, Sucre made his major league debut with Seattle in 2013. He appeared in 90 games posting a .209 BA over the last four seasons.
It appears that the Rays and Mariners have become great trade partners. Paging Robinson Cano!!!
- Disappointing Homecoming for Vasilevskiy as Bolts lose 4-2 November 30, 2023
- Rocky Mountain Low for Bolts in Denver November 27, 2023
- He’s Back! The Successful Return of Andrei Vasilevskiy November 24, 2023
- No Overtime Luck for Bolts Tonight as Jets Win 3-2 November 22, 2023
- Measuring Stick Game for Lightning Comes Up Huge November 20, 2023
- Amalie Again Proves to be Sweet Home as Bolts Win 6-4 November 18, 2023
- Scoreless drought and losing streak come to an end in 4-2 victory November 16, 2023
- Stalwart Blues defense hand Lightning consecutive shutout losses November 14, 2023
- Saturday Night is Not Alright for Listless Lightning November 11, 2023
- Bedard, Blackhawks End Lightning Home Point Streak November 9, 2023