Baseball might be on hold, but the Rays organization is doing their part to help get the community through this tragic pandemic.
It’s been 22 days since MLB went silent because of the horrific coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. Fans across the Tampa Bay/St Pete area are missing their boys on the diamond. With no start to the season in sight, the Rays remain active by doing their part to help. Along with the Rowdies the Rays have announced a donation of 2.5 million meals to Feeding Tampa Bay. If fans want to be a part of the aid, head over to donate.feedingtampabay.org/TeamingUp and make your contribution.
Did someone say, pizza?
Partnering up with Papa John’s, the Rays are also delivering pizzas to St Anthony’s Hospital, Moffitt Cancer Center, and St Pete Fire Departments. Deliveries will take place today (Friday) and Monday.
Paying respect to those on the front lines
Every night from 7:30 PM and 11:30 PM, the Trop will light up with red, white, and blue LED lights. The display is a show of solidarity to honor all the healthcare workers around the country as the rest of us are doing our parts to stay home and stay safe.
An absolutely historic time…for all the wrong reasons
It’s been since 1883 that there were no professional sports played in the month of April in the United States. You read that right. That’s almost 140 years, folks. While no MLB games have been canceled, there is no sure work-around in sight to make up for lost time. Rumors have swirled about playing a shortened season with multiple double-headers scheduled weekly and taking the season into mid-November. Another option could be a shortened season as there has been many times before. The last time being 1994-1995 due to an ugly strike.
Congrats to the Zunino family!
Rays catcher, Mike Zunino, and his wife, Alyssa, welcomed a baby girl on March 28th! Paisley Grace was born 6 lbs, 11 ounces. This coming after welcoming their first child, a son, Rhett Michael, in April of last year.
- Vasilevskiy earns 3rd straight shutout as Bolts top Stars March 2, 2021
- Back-to-back shutouts for Vasilevskiy as Bolts rout Stars February 27, 2021
- McElhinney, Gourde propel Lightning past Hurricanes February 25, 2021
- Lightning Smack Down Upstart Hurricanes February 24, 2021
- Drought ends as Lightning outlast Canes in Raleigh February 23, 2021
- Lethargic Lightning shutout again by Hurricanes February 20, 2021
- Second period burst pushes Panthers past Bolts at Amalie February 15, 2021
- Tremendous effort and explosive second period propels Bolts past Florida February 13, 2021
- Point’s two goals not enough as Bolts’ winning streak halted in Sunrise February 11, 2021
- Bolts dominate Predators for 6th straight win February 9, 2021