Follow Ryan on Twitter
After the Rays dropped a 6-1 game to the Twins on Friday, three more were cut from the spring roster narrowing it to 40 heading into Easter weekend.
Non-roster invitees, pitchers Kyle McPherson and Mark Sappington as well as infielder Juniel Querecuto were all reassigned to minor league camp.
Sappington did not allow a run in 6.1 innings this spring with four strikeouts and just two walks. The righty played for Double-A Montgomery in 2015 for the Rays.
McPherson pitched in 8.2 innings this spring and gave up four runs.
Querecuto shined in his brief time on the spring roster. The 23-year old went 7-for-15 and hit .256 in 89 games between Durham, Montgomery, and Port Charlotte last year.
The Rays head to Bradenton to play the Pirates on Saturday with the first pitch set for 6:05 PM. Jake Odorizzi (0-1, 1.59) is set to make his fourth start of the spring.
- Resurgent Wings Beat the Lightning December 6, 2022
- NHL’s Best Captain December 5, 2022
- Stamkos honored, Cirelli return lead to Lightning Win December 4, 2022
- A Night of Milestones and Streaks in the City of Brotherly Love December 1, 2022
- Stamkos and Lightning Come Up Short in Tough Loss to Boston November 29, 2022
- Snow Covered Buffalo faces Lightning Storm November 28, 2022
- Point Leads Way in Thanksgiving Showdown November 25, 2022
- Measuring Stick Game Show Lightning Falling Short to Boston 5-3 November 21, 2022
- The Original Swedish Defense Legend November 21, 2022
- Winter Classic Reunion Goes to Overtime November 19, 2022