Follow Ryan on Twitter
After the Rays dropped a 6-1 game to the Twins on Friday, three more were cut from the spring roster narrowing it to 40 heading into Easter weekend.
Non-roster invitees, pitchers Kyle McPherson and Mark Sappington as well as infielder Juniel Querecuto were all reassigned to minor league camp.
Sappington did not allow a run in 6.1 innings this spring with four strikeouts and just two walks. The righty played for Double-A Montgomery in 2015 for the Rays.
McPherson pitched in 8.2 innings this spring and gave up four runs.
Querecuto shined in his brief time on the spring roster. The 23-year old went 7-for-15 and hit .256 in 89 games between Durham, Montgomery, and Port Charlotte last year.
The Rays head to Bradenton to play the Pirates on Saturday with the first pitch set for 6:05 PM. Jake Odorizzi (0-1, 1.59) is set to make his fourth start of the spring.
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022
- Sergachev, Palat combine for late goal to give Lightning 3-2 series lead June 9, 2022