We are 48 hours removed from the 2016 WWE Draft. World Wrestling Entertainment and Ultimate Fighting Championship mega star Brock Lesnar was the eighth overall pick in the draft. Many expected ‘The Beast Incarnate’ to be selected much sooner. Another confounding aspect of this is that Lesnar’s advocate, Paul Heyman, was not mentioned. With other superstars that have managers or valets, both names were mentioned. The IWC rumor mill has gone into overdrive. Information is sparse, but it is painting a troubling picture.
As reported by the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Heyman’s contract with WWE has expired. Both parties have yet to come to an agreement. Given the rumors of Heyman being displeased with the fact that he’s used so sparingly, his ‘per appearance’ contract is less and less financially viable the more his client, Lesnar, is gone, one can understand his frustration. So this could be a tactic to force a better contract.
However, with Lesnar being flagged for a violation of the United States Anti-Doping Agency (likely costing him a higher spot in the draft), his status with World Wrestling Entertainment is vacillating to say the least. Because of this, Heyman possibly is without a powerful negotiating tool and may not be seen as valuable to the WWE.
It would be a shame if that were the case, as Paul E. is possibly the greatest wrestling mind of the modern era and definitely the best manager in the business. There are dozens of superstars that are astonishingly talented in the ring, but not as solid on the microphone. Heyman could take any number of mid-carders and elevate their status in little to no time. Here’s hoping that Heyman and the WWE can come to terms, sooner rather than later.
- Losing streak ends, top line flourishes in a commanding victory March 28, 2023
- Bruins Clinch Atlantic as Lightning Woes Continue March 25, 2023
- Dashing plays by Ottawa hands Lightning an embarrassing loss March 23, 2023
- Puck luck not on Bolts side, road trip begins with a loss in Montreal. March 21, 2023
- Third Time’s Not a Charm for Lightning in Loss to Devils March 19, 2023
- After Hall of Fame Weekend, Bolts down St Louis and Montreal March 18, 2023
- Deuces Wild in Lightning Win Over Devils March 16, 2023
- Devil of a Time for New Jersey against the Lightning March 14, 2023
- Jets Stop Bolts in Homestand Finale March 12, 2023
- Win Over Blackhawks is On Point March 11, 2023