It has been no secret that, since World Wrestling Entertainment announced they would be bringing back the brand extension (meaning separate rosters for each Raw and SmackDown) that they would be in need of more talent to fill out the rosters. Though there have been several call ups from their developmental brand, NXT, WWE knew that they couldn’t raid that entire roster and leave their Wednesday program on the WWE Network depleted. Rumors are running rampant, so very few are forthcoming with confirmations on anything. But the snippets of details that are leaking make it sound that WWE is attempting to bring back some former alumni.
WrestlingNews.Co has stated that “Multiple sources told us that MVP and Shelton Benjamin have agreed to a deal. We were also told that WWE has shown interest in Melina but, as of last word, no deal has been reached yet with her.” The latter one is somewhat of a head scratcher, given the issues that occurred backstage because of her.
It is also highly likely that former WWE Champion, Olympic gold medalist and TNA Hall of Famer, Kurt Angle, will re-sign with the company once he’s been cleared of any potential injuries/health issues. It’s assumed that a WWE Hall of Fame/Legends contact could follow that up once his time in the ring is up.
Which former WWE superstar’s return would have you glued to your televisions every Monday and Tuesday to watch?
- Kucherov, Lightning Break Losing Steak with Impressive Performance February 24, 2024
- Jerseys Change but Poor Play Continues for Bolts February 22, 2024
- Surly Lightning Lose to Cellar Dwelling Senators February 19, 2024
- Horrible loss for Lightning to the Panthers February 17, 2024
- Kucherov Shines in Marquee Matchup February 15, 2024
- Rugged puck play nullified with a successful shootout result February 13, 2024
- Hagel, Vasilevskiy Help Bolts Find Momentum in Columbus February 10, 2024
- Island breeze unkind in humiliating defeat against the Islanders February 8, 2024
- Start Spreading the News, Lightning Win Streak Is Over February 7, 2024
- A Gasparilla Parade of Goals for Lightning against the Devils January 27, 2024