It has been no secret that, since World Wrestling Entertainment announced they would be bringing back the brand extension (meaning separate rosters for each Raw and SmackDown) that they would be in need of more talent to fill out the rosters. Though there have been several call ups from their developmental brand, NXT, WWE knew that they couldn’t raid that entire roster and leave their Wednesday program on the WWE Network depleted. Rumors are running rampant, so very few are forthcoming with confirmations on anything. But the snippets of details that are leaking make it sound that WWE is attempting to bring back some former alumni.
WrestlingNews.Co has stated that “Multiple sources told us that MVP and Shelton Benjamin have agreed to a deal. We were also told that WWE has shown interest in Melina but, as of last word, no deal has been reached yet with her.” The latter one is somewhat of a head scratcher, given the issues that occurred backstage because of her.
It is also highly likely that former WWE Champion, Olympic gold medalist and TNA Hall of Famer, Kurt Angle, will re-sign with the company once he’s been cleared of any potential injuries/health issues. It’s assumed that a WWE Hall of Fame/Legends contact could follow that up once his time in the ring is up.
Which former WWE superstar’s return would have you glued to your televisions every Monday and Tuesday to watch?
- Third Time’s Not a Charm for Lightning in Loss to Devils March 19, 2023
- After Hall of Fame Weekend, Bolts down St Louis and Montreal March 18, 2023
- Deuces Wild in Lightning Win Over Devils March 16, 2023
- Devil of a Time for New Jersey against the Lightning March 14, 2023
- Jets Stop Bolts in Homestand Finale March 12, 2023
- Win Over Blackhawks is On Point March 11, 2023
- Exciting Bolts Comeback Falls Short in OT March 9, 2023
- The Spearing Suspension March 9, 2023
- Flyers Feel Strong Lightning Response March 7, 2023
- Be the Thunder- Through Thick and Thin March 6, 2023