As the calendar turns to September, fans of every Major League team get a chance to see their franchise’s prospects get a taste of the big time. Last year for the Tampa Bay Rays, it was “The Mikie Mahtook Show” as the outfielder crushed the ball in September to the tune of a .356/.406/.661 slash in 23 games. Who will it be this year for the Rays? The call ups began on the team’s off-day Thursday after dropping two of three in Boston.
- C Curt Casali – He broke the Opening Day roster as part of the catching tandem along with Hank Conger and was with the team most of the year until he was sent down to Durham back on August 4th when the Rays brought back Bobby Wilson from the Rangers.
2016 w Rays: 71 G, .168/.256/.319, 7 HR, 20 RBI
2016 w Durham: 20 G, .254/.407/.365, 2 HR, 15 RBI
- RHP Ryan Garton – This will be his third stint with the big league club this season. He was first called up on May 25 and then again on June 21.
2016 w Rays: 23 G, 1-0, 4.73 ERA, 26.2 IP, 24 K
2016 w Durham: 22 G, 4-0, 3.09 ERA, 32 IP, 39 K
- RHP Eddie Gamboa – This will be the Major League debut for the 31-year old rookie with a nasty knuckleball.
2016 w Durham: 27 G, 12 GS, 6-4, 2.68 ERA, 94 IP, 89 K
More call ups to come as the Rays look to finish the 2016 season on a high note.
Stay tuned for updates as they break.
- A Night of Milestones and Streaks in the City of Brotherly Love December 1, 2022
- Stamkos and Lightning Come Up Short in Tough Loss to Boston November 29, 2022
- Snow Covered Buffalo faces Lightning Storm November 28, 2022
- Point Leads Way in Thanksgiving Showdown November 25, 2022
- Measuring Stick Game Show Lightning Falling Short to Boston 5-3 November 21, 2022
- The Original Swedish Defense Legend November 21, 2022
- Winter Classic Reunion Goes to Overtime November 19, 2022
- Face-off failures brushed aside; Lightning extend win streak to three games November 17, 2022
- 2020 Cup Rematch: Exciting OT Lightning Win 5-4 November 15, 2022
- Strong Start Propels Bolts to Victory November 13, 2022