As the calendar turns to September, fans of every Major League team get a chance to see their franchise’s prospects get a taste of the big time. Last year for the Tampa Bay Rays, it was “The Mikie Mahtook Show” as the outfielder crushed the ball in September to the tune of a .356/.406/.661 slash in 23 games. Who will it be this year for the Rays? The call ups began on the team’s off-day Thursday after dropping two of three in Boston.
- C Curt Casali – He broke the Opening Day roster as part of the catching tandem along with Hank Conger and was with the team most of the year until he was sent down to Durham back on August 4th when the Rays brought back Bobby Wilson from the Rangers.
2016 w Rays: 71 G, .168/.256/.319, 7 HR, 20 RBI
2016 w Durham: 20 G, .254/.407/.365, 2 HR, 15 RBI
- RHP Ryan Garton – This will be his third stint with the big league club this season. He was first called up on May 25 and then again on June 21.
2016 w Rays: 23 G, 1-0, 4.73 ERA, 26.2 IP, 24 K
2016 w Durham: 22 G, 4-0, 3.09 ERA, 32 IP, 39 K
- RHP Eddie Gamboa – This will be the Major League debut for the 31-year old rookie with a nasty knuckleball.
2016 w Durham: 27 G, 12 GS, 6-4, 2.68 ERA, 94 IP, 89 K
More call ups to come as the Rays look to finish the 2016 season on a high note.
Stay tuned for updates as they break.
- Stalwart Defenseman Traded by Lightning July 3, 2022
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022