Pre game, Blue Jays (1-4) v Rays (4-2)
Sunday wraps up the four-game series between the Rays and Blue Jays. Tampa Bay is looking to take the series from the Jays today and close out a winning home stand before heading the New York to face the Yankees. Winning today would put them in a good position heading into their first road trip. Here’s the pre game preview from Tropicana Field.
Jake Odorizzi will take the mound today for the Rays. He struggled in his first start this season against the Yankees with 6-innings pitched, 4-runs, and 2-home runs. Odorizzi’s career record vs the Blue Jays is 3-2 with a 3.26 ERA in 66-innings pitched. This will be his 100th start in a Rays uniform.
Tim Beckham will be benched today in favor of the starting SS being Daniel Robertson. Robertson is 1-6 at the plate with a .167 BA. This will be his 2nd start for the Rays.
— The Scrum Sports (@TheScrumSports) April 9, 2017
Blue Jay Pre-game:
The Jays start this game with a record of 1-4 and are looking to split the series with the Rays. After this game they head home for a 9-game home stand that includes division rivals the Baltimore Orioles and the Boston Red Sox.
The seasoned RHP Marco Estrada is on the mound for the Blue Jays. This is his 3rd season with Toronto and he’s been a solid middle of the rotation guy for that time. Estrada will be looking for his first win of the season.
The Blue Jays power lineup has been fairly quiet and they will be looking for that to change today against Odorizzi.
- Despite poor puck management, Vasy shuts down Canucks in Bolts victory January 13, 2022
- The World Class Jeff Vinik Era January 12, 2022
- Bolts Beat Buffalo and Rolled Over Sabres in Dominating Win January 12, 2022
- Blunders on defense silence Lightning in disappointing loss to Bruins January 8, 2022
- Lightning controlled Flames and Secure Win in Kucherov’s Return January 7, 2022
- Power play thrives in Bolts dominating win over Blue Jackets January 4, 2022
- Habs can’t hang on to late lead as Bolts triumph in Point’s return December 28, 2021
- Lightning edge Los Angeles in tight overtime victory December 14, 2021
- Second period flurry, Tkachuk hat trick lift Sens over Bolts December 11, 2021
- Bolts Beat Leafs as Jon Cooper Notched 400th Career Win December 10, 2021