It’s the home stretch of the 2016 season and the Tampa Bay Rays are playing their arch nemesis the Texas Rangers. The Rays have always have trouble with the Rangers. With them being at the bottom of their division and the Rangers being at the top of theirs this series is not going to be easy.
The Ranger started in on the Rays early in the 1st. Adrian Beltre singled to center and Ian Desmond scored. 1-0 Rangers. In the 3rd Carlos Beltran belted his 29th homer against Matt Andriese making the score 2-0 Rangers. The Rays responded in the 6th when captain Evan Longoria hit a double to left that allowed Kevin Kiermaier to score. 2-1 Rangers. That run would be the only one the Rays would score, but the Rangers would get one more in in the 6th when Rouged Odor hit his 33rd home run. 3-1 Rangers. That is game.
W: Darvish (7-5) L: Andriese (8-8) S: Dyson (38)
The Rays struck first in game 2. In the 3rd, the first to score was catcher Bobby Wilson after Evan Longoria hitter into a fielders choice. Rays up 1-0. Then with Kiermaier and Brad Miller on, Corey Dickerson belts his 24th home run of the season. 4-0 Rays. All bats remained quiet until the Rangers responded with a single home run by Robinson Chirinos. 4-1 Rays. That would be game and Jake Odorizzi would get his 10th win of the season.
W: Odorizzi (10-6) L: Lewis (6-5) S: Colome (37)
The last game of the season and the Rays want to finish strong regardless of their record. They strike first in the 2nd when a single off Curt Casali allows Richie Shaffer to score and later Jaff Decker hit a sacrifice fly to score Alexei Ramirez. 2-0 Rays. The Rangers take one back in that same inning by way of a single off the bat of Ryan Rua and Adrian Beltre would cross the plate. 2-1 Rays. in the 3rd the Rays would score again via a single from Luke Maile to score Longoria. 3-1 Rays. In the 4th, Jonathan Lucroy hit his 24th home run for the Rangers. 3-2 Rays. The Rays continue to play small small as Ramirez hits a line drive to right the score Dickerson. 4-2 Rays. In the 8th, Boxberger walked in a run, then in the 9th the Rangers would tie things up via a single by Hasner Alberto. But in the 10th Casali would get a clutch double to score Ramirez. Rays win 5-4.
W: Colome (2-4) L: Scheppers (1-1) S: Ramirez (2)
That is your season. Rays finish 68-94, last in the AL East. See you next year Rays fans.
- A Night of Milestones and Streaks in the City of Brotherly Love December 1, 2022
- Stamkos and Lightning Come Up Short in Tough Loss to Boston November 29, 2022
- Snow Covered Buffalo faces Lightning Storm November 28, 2022
- Point Leads Way in Thanksgiving Showdown November 25, 2022
- Measuring Stick Game Show Lightning Falling Short to Boston 5-3 November 21, 2022
- The Original Swedish Defense Legend November 21, 2022
- Winter Classic Reunion Goes to Overtime November 19, 2022
- Face-off failures brushed aside; Lightning extend win streak to three games November 17, 2022
- 2020 Cup Rematch: Exciting OT Lightning Win 5-4 November 15, 2022
- Strong Start Propels Bolts to Victory November 13, 2022