PORT CHARLOTTE, FL – With minor league games looming it was time for the first round of spring cuts. On Wednesday, the Rays trimmed their roster to 51 after making 13 tough cuts including releasing LHP Dana Eveland.
The 40-man roster cuts who were optioned to minor league camp were:
SS Willy Adames, RHP Jose De Leon, RHP Jacob Faria, RHP Taylor Guerrieri, RHP Chih-Wei Hu, and RHP Ryne Stanek.
Being re-assigned to minor league camp were:
RHP Jeff Ames, 2B Ryan Brett, C Nick Ciuffo, C Jonah Heim, 1B Dalton Kelly, and LHP Ryan Yarbrough.
De Leon is still active on the Puerto Rico World Baseball Classic roster.
Some names still on the spring roster hoping to maybe crack the Opening Day roster are INF Daniel Robertson, INF/OF Jake Bauers, 1B Casey Gillaspie, and OF Shane Peterson as well as pitchers Jaime Schultz, Tommy Hunter, David Carpenter, and Corey Rasmus among others.
- Cracking the Kraken in Overtime in Seattle December 10, 2023
- Saros spoils Jeannot’s return to Nashville, winning streak ends at two December 7, 2023
- Payback Feels Good for Lightning against the Penguins December 6, 2023
- Hedman’s 1000th Game Spurs Vasy, Bolts to Shutout Victory December 4, 2023
- Another Slow Start, Sloppy Play Lead to Disaster in Dallas December 2, 2023
- Disappointing Homecoming for Vasilevskiy as Bolts lose 4-2 November 30, 2023
- Rocky Mountain Low for Bolts in Denver November 27, 2023
- He’s Back! The Successful Return of Andrei Vasilevskiy November 24, 2023
- No Overtime Luck for Bolts Tonight as Jets Win 3-2 November 22, 2023
- Measuring Stick Game for Lightning Comes Up Huge November 20, 2023