The Rays are at it again! The have acquired Hernandez, Basabe and Ovalles from the Rangers in a six-player trade.
On what would have been the last day on the MLB Winter Meetings, the Tampa Bay Rays and the Texas Rangers completed a six-player trade that would send Nate Lowe, MiLB Jake Guenther and a PTBL to the Rangers in exchange for MiLB Heriberto Hernandez, MiLB Osleivis Basabe and MiLB Alexander Ovalles.
Hernandez, 20, was regarded at the No. 3 prospect in the Rangers organization according to FanGraphs. FanGraphs also has Hernandez as the No. 112 prospect overall. In his two years in the Rangers system, Hernandez owns a .320/.450/.635 (121-for-378) triple slash line. He also has 23 career minor league home runs with 32 doubles and has raked in 98 RBI. In 2019, he was named to the Arizona League postseason All-Star Team. Hernandez led the league with 48 RBI, 66 hits, 32 extra-base hits and 124 total bases.
Basabe, 20, was ranked as the No. 16 prospect in the Rangers system by FanGraphs. He has slashed 334/.386/.439 (118-for-353) with 18 doubles, one home run, 66 RBI and 19 stolen bases in 89 games.
Ovalles, 20, is batting .299/.376/.456 (84-for-281) with 18 doubles, four home runs and 41 RBI in 70 games over two minor league seasons and two organizations. He was acquired by the Rangers as a player to be named in the trade sending Cole Hamels to the Chicago Cubs.
All-MLB teams announced
Star reliever Nick Anderson made the 2020 All-MLB first team. In 19 games in 2020, Anderson pitched 16.1 innings striking out 26 batters (14.3 K/9) and walking three. He had six saves for the Rays with a 0.55 ERA and a 0.49 WHIP. With the sour taste of Game 6 of the World Series in everyone’s mouth, Anderson making first team was an absolute no brainer.
Big dawg Brandon Lowe was announced to the 2020 ALL-MLB second team. Lowe, who finished eighth in AL MVP voting in 2020, played in 56 games slashing .269/.362/.554 with 14 bombs and 37 RBI.
- Enterprise Center demons continue as Bolts fall to Blues November 30, 2021
- Bolts Drop Tightly Played Contest in Minnesota to Wild November 28, 2021
- Yanni’s return spoiled as Bolts shut out Kraken in first ever meeting November 26, 2021
- Perry and the offense deliver as Lightning cruise past Flyers November 23, 2021
- Goaltenders stand out as Bolts edge Flyers on the road November 18, 2021
- Lightning Earn Hard Fought Win over Islanders November 16, 2021
- Point propels Bolts in thrilling win over Panthers at home November 13, 2021
- Penalties and lack of power play production harm Bolts in loss to Carolina November 10, 2021
- Bolts down Senators in Saturday matinee November 6, 2021
- Toronto takes Goaltending Dual in Overtime over Tampa Bay November 4, 2021