Freak play forces Rays shortstop from game against Braves.
Rays shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria exited Tuesday’s game in the eighth inning after a freak incident involving a speaker attached to the roof of Tropicana Field. His eye was noticeably red and swollen after the game.
Replaced by Brad Miller in the lineup, skipper Kevin Cash called it an “eye contusion” and said he will be monitored on Wednesday morning.
Cash explains the play
Likely to miss one game
Cash did not rule out the possibility of having his shortstop back in the lineup on Wednesday, however with an off-day set for Thursday, it’s likely he may take tomorrow off.
- Week in pro wrestling 12/2/19: TLC matches announced? December 7, 2019
- What’s Going On With the Lightning This Season? December 7, 2019
- It’s official: Pham to Padres December 6, 2019
- Minnesota win sours historic night for Hedman December 5, 2019
- Tropicana Field to host ALL Rays home games through 2027 December 4, 2019
- Gutsy performance in Nashville returns Lightning to win column December 4, 2019
- Why the Lightning are the NHL’s most disappointing team December 3, 2019
- Baseball America Names Rays 2019 Organization of the Year December 3, 2019
- Lights out defensive effort carries Bucs to second straight victory December 1, 2019
- Tampa Bay looks to win consecutive games today in Jacksonville December 1, 2019