Freak play forces Rays shortstop from game against Braves.
Rays shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria exited Tuesday’s game in the eighth inning after a freak incident involving a speaker attached to the roof of Tropicana Field. His eye was noticeably red and swollen after the game.
Replaced by Brad Miller in the lineup, skipper Kevin Cash called it an “eye contusion” and said he will be monitored on Wednesday morning.
Cash explains the play
Likely to miss one game
Cash did not rule out the possibility of having his shortstop back in the lineup on Wednesday, however with an off-day set for Thursday, it’s likely he may take tomorrow off.
- Tyler Johnson comes up clutch again as Bolts down B’s. August 5, 2020
- Rays’ struggles magnified by sweep at the hands of Baltimore August 4, 2020
- In a mixed bag, Lightning pull away in the shootout. August 3, 2020
- Behind the barricades: Rusev Day is done new Raw champion August 1, 2020
- LeSean McCoy joins Tampa Bay’s backfield July 31, 2020
- 139 Days later, The Lightning are BACK July 29, 2020
- Behind the Barricade: Extreme Rules was a “Horror Show”, Major NXT Announcement, Slow Burning Stories July 25, 2020
- No NFL preseason games in 2020 July 22, 2020
- Sister Abigail is teased in trippy main event at Extreme Rules July 20, 2020
- Behind The Barricade: WWE Superstar out indefinitely, another comes out July 19, 2020