Freak play forces Rays shortstop from game against Braves.
Rays shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria exited Tuesday’s game in the eighth inning after a freak incident involving a speaker attached to the roof of Tropicana Field. His eye was noticeably red and swollen after the game.
Replaced by Brad Miller in the lineup, skipper Kevin Cash called it an “eye contusion” and said he will be monitored on Wednesday morning.
Cash explains the play
Likely to miss one game
Cash did not rule out the possibility of having his shortstop back in the lineup on Wednesday, however with an off-day set for Thursday, it’s likely he may take tomorrow off.
- With backs against the wall, Islanders win OT battle to force game 7 June 23, 2021
- Captain Stamkos leads Bolts to game 5 onslaught of Islanders June 21, 2021
- Conn Smythe candidate review: Ultimate team glory, but who’s MVP? June 21, 2021
- Fierce rally falls inches short as Pulock blocks game-tying bid June 19, 2021
- Apples, oranges, and hardware: Comparing Vasilevskiy to the best ever June 19, 2021
- Nassau Coliseum quieted as Lightning take 2-1 series lead over Islanders June 17, 2021
- Kucherov plays setup-man, Bolts bump Islanders to even series June 15, 2021
- Islanders able to capitalize on opportunities and win game 1 June 13, 2021
- Lightning-Islanders Stanley Cup Semifinal Preview June 13, 2021
- Goaltending thrives as Bolts knock out Hurricanes in Game 5 June 8, 2021