Freak play forces Rays shortstop from game against Braves.
Rays shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria exited Tuesday’s game in the eighth inning after a freak incident involving a speaker attached to the roof of Tropicana Field. His eye was noticeably red and swollen after the game.
Replaced by Brad Miller in the lineup, skipper Kevin Cash called it an “eye contusion” and said he will be monitored on Wednesday morning.
Cash explains the play
Likely to miss one game
Cash did not rule out the possibility of having his shortstop back in the lineup on Wednesday, however with an off-day set for Thursday, it’s likely he may take tomorrow off.
- Strong start ends with a weak finish for Stomping Grounds June 24, 2019
- Stomping Mudholes at the Stomping Grounds June 23, 2019
- Bare Knuckle Brawls in the Bay June 23, 2019
- Miller trade and Foote family reunion highlight Lightning’s draft weekend June 22, 2019
- Dear St. Pete, can we be really open about something? June 22, 2019
- Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 6 Lobov vs Malignaggi June 20, 2019
- BREAKING: Callahan headed to LTIR, ending his hockey career June 20, 2019
- Individual trophies are great, but one big trophy still eludes Lightning June 20, 2019
- Rays struggle in the fifth, lose to Yankees 6-3 in the Bronx June 19, 2019
- New Champion and the final show before Stomping Grounds June 18, 2019