Having one of the top farm systems in baseball doesn’t happen on accident. Consistently drafting well on top of having the ability to develop that talent. It’s one of the hardest things to do, but it’s something the Tampa Bay Rays do as well as any team in baseball. Arguably better than any team in baseball.
The Rays own the top spot again as they have the number one ranked farm system. That’s quite the luxury for a team that’s won at least 90 games in back to back seasons.
Coming into the 2020 MLB Draft, the Rays got the add the that luxury as they had two selections in the first round.
With their first selection the Rays took right-handed pitcher Nick Bitsko, a high-schooler from Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Bitsko is committed to the University of Virginia. According to our friends at Prospects Live, Bitsko ranked 21st in this class.
With their second pick in the first round, the Rays selected Arizona State INF Alika Williams. Williams is a right-handed hitter with a crazy low 8.9% K-rate during his stint at ASU. Williams ranked 44th by Prospects Live.
The draft will conclude tomorrow where the Rays will be selecting 57, 96, 125 and 155.
- UFC 251 FIght Island recap: Winners, losers, and are there new champs? July 13, 2020
- Tampa Bay’s post covid training camp roster released July 12, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 7/6/20 Fyter Fest, Great American Bash night two July 12, 2020
- NHL confirms its hub cities for return to play July 10, 2020
- UFC 251 “Fight Island”: A bit of Mortal Kombat nostalgia in the air July 7, 2020
- Butherus: Baseball should be prepared for COVID-19’s worst-case scenario July 6, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 6/29/30 Fyter Fest and Great American Bash July 5, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 6/21/20 NXT double champion match booked June 28, 2020
- Coronavirus hits the Tampa Bay Buccaneers June 26, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 6/15/20 #SpeakingOut June 21, 2020