Follow Ryan on Twitter
With Opening Day less than a week away, Kevin Cash continued to trim the roster down even more following Sunday’s 7-3 loss to the Blue Jays. Among those cut, super utility man, Taylor Motter. Cash and his coaches have been very high on Motter all spring and it would not be at all surprising if he is the first in line for a callup if/when an injury to just about any position came about.
Motter, 26, hit .250/.294/.438 with a home run and four RBI this spring in 14 games playing six different positions (2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF, RF).3
Others who were optioned to minor league camp were P Jhan Marinez and Tyler Sturdevant as well as outfielder Jaff Decker and catcher Mayo Acosta.
With 38 players left in camp, Bill Chastain of MLB.com reports that Cash has said the final cutdown to the 25-man roster should come before Friday’s split-squad game with the Tigers and Braves.
- Losing streak ends, top line flourishes in a commanding victory March 28, 2023
- Bruins Clinch Atlantic as Lightning Woes Continue March 25, 2023
- Dashing plays by Ottawa hands Lightning an embarrassing loss March 23, 2023
- Puck luck not on Bolts side, road trip begins with a loss in Montreal. March 21, 2023
- Third Time’s Not a Charm for Lightning in Loss to Devils March 19, 2023
- After Hall of Fame Weekend, Bolts down St Louis and Montreal March 18, 2023
- Deuces Wild in Lightning Win Over Devils March 16, 2023
- Devil of a Time for New Jersey against the Lightning March 14, 2023
- Jets Stop Bolts in Homestand Finale March 12, 2023
- Win Over Blackhawks is On Point March 11, 2023