Follow Ryan on Twitter
With Opening Day less than a week away, Kevin Cash continued to trim the roster down even more following Sunday’s 7-3 loss to the Blue Jays. Among those cut, super utility man, Taylor Motter. Cash and his coaches have been very high on Motter all spring and it would not be at all surprising if he is the first in line for a callup if/when an injury to just about any position came about.
Motter, 26, hit .250/.294/.438 with a home run and four RBI this spring in 14 games playing six different positions (2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF, RF).3
Others who were optioned to minor league camp were P Jhan Marinez and Tyler Sturdevant as well as outfielder Jaff Decker and catcher Mayo Acosta.
With 38 players left in camp, Bill Chastain of MLB.com reports that Cash has said the final cutdown to the 25-man roster should come before Friday’s split-squad game with the Tigers and Braves.
- Stalwart Defenseman Traded by Lightning July 3, 2022
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022