The news broke on Friday before the Tampa Bay Rays took on the Houston Astros out in Houston that they would be releasing oft-injured OF Desmond Jennings come Saturday. Jennings, 29, has been with the Rays since 2010. He was drafted in the 10th round of the amateur draft back in 2006 by the then Devil Rays and made his debut with the Rays back on September 1, 2010 against the Blue Jays.
For his career, Jennings has played in 567 games for the Rays amassing a .245 career avg to go along with 55 HR, 191 RBI, and 95 stolen bases in 7 years with the team. Jennings never played more than 139 games in any season and over the last two years has played in just 93 games combined dealing with constant injuries.
In 2016, Jennings has played in just 65 games with a .200 avg and 7 HR, 20 RBI, and just two stolen bases.
The team made it official on their Twitter account (@RaysBaseball) before the 8:10 PM game v the Astros on Friday evening.
- Eight More Years of Hagel August 22, 2023
- 2021-23 NHL Draft Analyses August 20, 2023
- 2018-2020 NHL Draft Analyses August 14, 2023
- 2013-17 NHL Draft Analyses July 23, 2023
- 2007-12 NHL Draft Analyses July 17, 2023
- 2023 3v3 Prospect Tournament Recap July 13, 2023
- The Best Leader in the NHL July 2, 2023
- Depth deals kick off the first day of free agency for the Lightning July 1, 2023
- 2023 Draft Recap and More Tales June 29, 2023
- A Winning Organization (on and off the ice) May 6, 2023