The NFL community and fans were shocked yesterday when the news was announced on the passing of rookie Baltimore Ravens cornerback Tray Walker at the age of 23. As you may know, young Mr. Walker’s life was cut short yesterday here in Florida after his dirt bike collided with a Ford Escape SUV in Liberty City. Suffering from multple head injuries as a result of the crash, he was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, where doctors performed two surgeries, but were unable to save him. A fourth-round pick in the 2015 draft out of Texas Southern, Walker appeared in eight games Baltimore this past season, recording only two tackles primarily on special teams. Several within the Ravens organization took to Twitter expressing their condolences:
Devastating news about my teammate Tra Walker. RIP Tray. Wish I could of shared the field with u this year. We will make u proud!!!!!!
— Eric Weddle (@weddlesbeard) March 18, 2016
John Harbaugh: “Tray was a young man with a good and kind heart. He was humble and loved everything about being part of the Ravens’ team.”
— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) March 19, 2016
Heart hurting right now!
— Justin Forsett (@JForsett) March 18, 2016
— Steve Smith Sr (@89SteveSmith) March 18, 2016
Trey Walker was a native of Miami, where he was All-Dade County football player for Miami Northwestern High, playing cornerback, punter, and receiver. While in high school, he was teammates with NFL players Teddy Bridgewater (Minnesota) and Amari Cooper (Oakland). As a true freshman at Texas Southern, he recorded 22 tackles overall, 3 interceptions, and 11 passes deflected. Walker would go on to match his number of picks his senior year, earning second team All-Southwestern Athletic Conference (courtesy of Wikipedia).
As I’m writing this, I’m struggling to find the right words to type. For someone to lose their life in any capacity is tragic, let alone at such a young age. So far there hasn’t been word on suspected foul play or alcohol, but it was reported by US Weekly that Walker didn’t have a headlight and was wearing dark clothing at the time of the accident. Regardless, another soul has left this realm and has moved on from this world. Its been said time and time again, but make sure that you live each day to the fullest and love and look out for the ones close to you, as no one is promised tomorrow. From myself and everyone here at The Scrum Sports, our deepest condolences goes to the family of Tray Walker and the Baltimore Ravens organization.
Rest in paradise, Tray.
- Stalwart Defenseman Traded by Lightning July 3, 2022
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022