-During the preview leading up to this card I warned it was not PPV worthy and UFC 208 did not disappoint in its awfulness. Horrible refereeing, suspect judges, mixed with awkward match-ups made it one of the worst PPV events in the last 5 years.
-Germaine de Randamie is the inaugural 145lbs women’s champion. She beat Holly Holm in a messy & sloppy fight, but she beat Holm. Many people are upset at de Randamie’s cheap or late shots but that is on the ref to take points from her, not de Randamie to deduct points for her fouls. I am not sure outside of Cyborg, who the UFC can pair against de Randamie to make anyone interested in watching her fight again. Again, I’m not sure why the 145lbs division was created, and UFC 208 did nothing to dispel that notion.
-Holly Holm came into the fight claiming she did not want her career defined by her upset knockout of Ronda Rousey. Unfortuantely, that is definitely what she will get remembered for. Holm gives up too many rounds due to her passive style in the octagon and at this late stage in her career she is who she is as a fighter. She has amazing technical striking skills but cannot adapt her style to beat the top-tier fighters in the UFC.
-Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza is a monster on a mission. I hope the UFC rewards him with a title shot because he deserves it. He completely destroy Tim Boetsch which is not an easy task. He is a scary proposition if he gets to fight Michael Bisping or anyone who holds that 185lbs belt.
-Derek Bruson got a victory stolen from him, plain and simple. It isn’t the most egregious bad decision in UFC history but it definitely wasn’t a fair decision. He outworked Anderson Silva, and while he did not do anything impressive, he did enough in my opinion to win that fight.
-I’m happy for Anderson Silva despite him getting a win coming at the expense of Brunson via a bad decision. I hope this is officially his last fight because I do not think it ends well for a living legend insists on continuing to fight top-level fighters.
UFC 208 Predictions Recap
Souza vs Boetsch (Under 1.5 rounds -175) (Win) = +$60
Silva vs Brunson (Silva +125 via TKO) (Win) = +$125
Holm vs de Randamie (De Randamie via Unanimous Decision -135) = +$100
UFC 208 results (3-0) (+$285)
Prediction Record since 2016 to Date (33-25-0) ($137.50)
-Record & predictions based on Win vs Loss predictions only. Unless specified otherwise I use increments of $100 (for + odds predictions) & $110 (for – odds bets) as hypothetical wagers for each prediction.
-Predictions & Records are for entertainment value only
*Stats via www.UFC.com
- Magic Number Down to 2 with Bolts Win March 30, 2023
- Losing streak ends, top line flourishes in a commanding victory March 28, 2023
- Bruins Clinch Atlantic as Lightning Woes Continue March 25, 2023
- Dashing plays by Ottawa hands Lightning an embarrassing loss March 23, 2023
- Puck luck not on Bolts side, road trip begins with a loss in Montreal. March 21, 2023
- Third Time’s Not a Charm for Lightning in Loss to Devils March 19, 2023
- After Hall of Fame Weekend, Bolts down St Louis and Montreal March 18, 2023
- Deuces Wild in Lightning Win Over Devils March 16, 2023
- Devil of a Time for New Jersey against the Lightning March 14, 2023
- Jets Stop Bolts in Homestand Finale March 12, 2023