It’s here; October, the playoffs, Christmas for baseball fans. Once again the AL East has dominated the playoffs with 3 teams showing up, the Toronto Blue Jays, Baltimore Orioles, and the division winning Boston Red Sox. Statistically a team in the East should make it to the World Series, but we all know that statistics mean nothing.
The Blue Jays struck first in the 2nd inning via a home run off the bat of captain Jose Bautista. 1-0 Jays. The Orioles responded in the 4th with a 2 run shot to right off the bat of Mark Trumbo. 2-1 Orioles. The Jays tied it up in the 5th with a single to center by Ezequiel Carrera.
In the 7th, a fan disrupted the game by throwing a full beer can onto the field while Hyun Soo Kim was fielding a pop fly. Center Fielder Adam Jones was far from pleased with the actions of the fan and was escorted off the field by an umpire.
The score would stay tied until the 11th when the game would be decided by a walk off 3 run home run by Edwin Encaranion. Final score 5-2 Blue Jays. With one swing of the bat, the Blue Jays move on the play the Texas Rangers for the AL divisional series.
- Jerseys Change but Poor Play Continues for Bolts February 22, 2024
- Surly Lightning Lose to Cellar Dwelling Senators February 19, 2024
- Horrible loss for Lightning to the Panthers February 17, 2024
- Kucherov Shines in Marquee Matchup February 15, 2024
- Rugged puck play nullified with a successful shootout result February 13, 2024
- Hagel, Vasilevskiy Help Bolts Find Momentum in Columbus February 10, 2024
- Island breeze unkind in humiliating defeat against the Islanders February 8, 2024
- Start Spreading the News, Lightning Win Streak Is Over February 7, 2024
- A Gasparilla Parade of Goals for Lightning against the Devils January 27, 2024
- Kucherov, Stamkos Fight off Coyote Attack January 25, 2024