It’s here; October, the playoffs, Christmas for baseball fans. Once again the AL East has dominated the playoffs with 3 teams showing up, the Toronto Blue Jays, Baltimore Orioles, and the division winning Boston Red Sox. Statistically a team in the East should make it to the World Series, but we all know that statistics mean nothing.
The Blue Jays struck first in the 2nd inning via a home run off the bat of captain Jose Bautista. 1-0 Jays. The Orioles responded in the 4th with a 2 run shot to right off the bat of Mark Trumbo. 2-1 Orioles. The Jays tied it up in the 5th with a single to center by Ezequiel Carrera.
In the 7th, a fan disrupted the game by throwing a full beer can onto the field while Hyun Soo Kim was fielding a pop fly. Center Fielder Adam Jones was far from pleased with the actions of the fan and was escorted off the field by an umpire.
The score would stay tied until the 11th when the game would be decided by a walk off 3 run home run by Edwin Encaranion. Final score 5-2 Blue Jays. With one swing of the bat, the Blue Jays move on the play the Texas Rangers for the AL divisional series.
- Enterprise Center demons continue as Bolts fall to Blues November 30, 2021
- Bolts Drop Tightly Played Contest in Minnesota to Wild November 28, 2021
- Yanni’s return spoiled as Bolts shut out Kraken in first ever meeting November 26, 2021
- Perry and the offense deliver as Lightning cruise past Flyers November 23, 2021
- Goaltenders stand out as Bolts edge Flyers on the road November 18, 2021
- Lightning Earn Hard Fought Win over Islanders November 16, 2021
- Point propels Bolts in thrilling win over Panthers at home November 13, 2021
- Penalties and lack of power play production harm Bolts in loss to Carolina November 10, 2021
- Bolts down Senators in Saturday matinee November 6, 2021
- Toronto takes Goaltending Dual in Overtime over Tampa Bay November 4, 2021