While two Tampa bay Lightning stars will be present, one is missing from the revealed roster.
TAMPA BAY – So will 100 percent agree both these guys deserved to go to San Jose, but some will agree another member of the Tampa Bay Lightning got snubbed. While Steven Stamkos will be making his sixth All Star game appearance and Nikita Kucherov his third, goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy is noticeably absent. Instead Detroit Red Wings goalie Jimmy Howard (10-9-5 in 26 games, started 25) and Carey Price (15-10-4 in 30 games 29 started) will man the pipes for the Atlantic Division.
Vasilevskiy is 15-3-2 in 20 games, all starts. His game total is low due to a 14 game absence due to an injury. Price recently spent time on IR as well with an injury. The three on three format, and need to make sure every team is represented seems to not allow the “best” players to play in the game.
The Atlantic Division rosters are as follows
F – David Pasternak (Boston Bruins)
F – Jack Eichel (Buffalo Sabres)
F – Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay Lightning)
F – Nikita Kucherov (Tampa Bay Lightning)
F – Auston Matthews [Captain] (Toronto Maple Leafs)
F – John Tavares (Toronto Maple Leafs)
D – Keith Yandle (Florida Panthers)
D – Thomas Chabot (Ottawa Senators)
G – Jimmy Howard (Detroit Red Wings)
G – Carey Price (Montreal Canadiens)
- Heading To The Conference Finals May 23, 2022
- Cernak and Perry put Panthers on Brink with Game 3 Win May 22, 2022
- Breakdown of a Game Winning Goal May 22, 2022
- Bolts Take 2-0 Series Lead on Incredible Last Second Finish May 20, 2022
- Frantic third period helps Lightning secure Game 1 victory on the road May 17, 2022
- Lightning – Panthers Playoff Preview May 17, 2022
- Moving on to the Second Round behind 2 Goals from Nick Paul May 14, 2022
- Game 7 – Because No Other Words are Needed May 14, 2022
- Point’s OT winner keeps Lightning alive and forces Game 7 May 12, 2022
- Lightning Squandered Chance to Take Series Lead, Now Face Elimination May 11, 2022