Well game one didn’t go how anyone expected it… After 60 minutes of hockey in game one the Colorado Avalanche walked away victors by a score of 4-3. Now that score doesn’t show the fact that the Avalanche scored three of those goals in the first period. Andrei Vasilevskiy hasn’t been particularly good in game ones, but in games two through seven… completely different story.
Game 1’s haven’t been Andrei Vasilevskiy’s friend these #StanleyCup Playoffs but the rest of the series… 👀
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) June 18, 2022
The talk since game one has been are the Tampa Bay Lightning using game ones to get more intel on their opponent, almost rope a doping the Avalanche. If they win game one great if not they’ll more than likely win game two.
That didn’t take long… again…
Two minutes fifty four seconds…. thats all it took for the Colorado Avalanche to get on the board. Following a roughing call on Ryan McDonagh the Avalanche went on the man advantage. Valeri Nichushkin from the right boards sent a shot in on Vasilevskiy for a 1-0 Colorado lead. Nearly five minutes later Josh Manson would notch his third goal of the playoffs to give Colorado a 2-0 lead in the first period. Six minutes later Andre Burakovsky would put the Avalanche up 3-0.
The Lightning are not a slow team, but the Avalanche is making them look extremely slow.
How is it these goals are coming at :50 mark? Every goal so far for Colorado…
The last one was in the second period courtesy of a big mistake behind the Lightning net by Ondrej Palat, are RARE mistake at that. It allowed Nichushkin to get his second goal of the game and gave the Avalanche a 4-0 lead. The streak finally came to an end with Colorado’s fifth goal of the game at 4:26 by Darren Helm. Colorado seems to be entering the zone without any push back from the Lightning.
Frustration with Avalanche is boiling over
Can the Lightning do anything right tonight? Like seriously there was a press conference once upon a time with Jon Cooper. He said everything sucked, when asked to elaborate he litterally listed everything including coaching. A press conference like that may be coming again tonight. After not having a single point in the first game, Cale Makar put up two goals in the third. The first one came at 2:04 while at 5 on 5. His second goal of the period came at 9:49 while on the power play after a penalty to Palat.
The Lightning and Avalanche travel to Tampa for Games 3 & 4 Monday 6/20 and Wednesday 6/22
Three Stars of the Game
3rd Star: Cale Makar – 2 goals on 4 shots
2nd Star: Valeri Nichushkin – 2 goals on 5 shots
1st Star: Darcy Kuemper – Shutout on only 17 shots
Check us out on Twitter
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022
- Sergachev, Palat combine for late goal to give Lightning 3-2 series lead June 9, 2022