By Ed Greene
Follow Ed on Twitter
Once again, it was a battle of teams with identical records. Tampa Bay (5-5) was fresh off a key win at home last week against the Cowboys, while the Philadelphia Eagles (4-6) were looking to bounce back from a narrow defeat at the hands of the Dolphins. While the Eagles are still in the thick of the NFC East race, they had to go without starting QB Sam Bradford. Despite a couple of good scores, Philly fell short to another Florida foe as the Bucs dominated at Lincoln Financial Field, 45-17. Lead by both Jameis Winston and Doug Martin, the Buccaneers played a superb game, arguably their best effort on the year. The score is the third most in Buccaneers team history.
For Winston, he played like a veteran today, throwing 19 for 29, 246 yards, and five touchdown passes, to five different receivers. He also managed to throw zero picks on the day, once again proving to be quite the game manager and the unquestioned leader of the team. Winston was heavily assisted by Martin, who was in full “Dougernaut” mode, rushing for 235 yards on 27 carries, particularly on key plays of 84 and 58 yards that turned into Tampa Bay scores. The receiving corp did its part, especially Mike Evans, Adam Humphries, and the returning Vincent Jackson who each had a score. Evans led the team with 63 yards receiving.
- UFC 250 June 4, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 5/25/20 WWE crowds and AEW debuts May 31, 2020
- ‘Dock Talk’ with Killer has hockey community taking notice May 27, 2020
- NHL unveils document detaling protocols for Phase 2 of possible return May 25, 2020
- Brady, Arians an offensive match made in heaven? May 25, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 5/18/20 The road to Double or Nothing May 24, 2020
- Butherus: Go out and get that paper, Snell. And not a virus. May 18, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 5/11/20 Big announcements May 17, 2020
- WWE: Money In The Bank 2020 Results May 10, 2020
- Week pro wrestling 5/4/20 AEW is live again, big debuts May 9, 2020