NFL Playoffs Divisional Preview: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans
Slow down Alvin Kamara
Since New Orleans’ quarterback Drew Brees has returned to the lineup from his multiple broken ribs injury, the overall workload being given to Alvin Kamara has increased majorly as the former works his way back to 100 percent. Kamara scored six rushing touchdowns against the Minnesota Vikings on Christmas Day, but he hasn’t seen such success on the ground versus Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers should key on slowing down the speedy Kamara.
Tom Brady has to figure out Saints’ defense
Nothing has been more confusing for Tom Brady this season than trying to figure out the Saints’ defense through two games. Brady finished the regular season throwing for 40 touchdowns against just 12 interceptions. Five of those picks came against New Orleans and Brady now has a chance to erase the bad memories of both losses to the Saints. With the Buccaneers winners of their last five games and the offense humming, Brady figures to play a lot better than the previous two meetings. Stay tuned.
Turnovers can not happen
And to follow up on the up above, Tampa Bay can ill afford to turn over the football whatsoever to New Orleans and need to stay ahead of the chains. Brady has been near perfect in the last five games for Tampa Bay, throwing for 14 touchdowns and just one interception. For any quarterback during a stretch like that, is pretty incredible. But for Tom Brady and the Buccaneers, getting to the playoffs and winning just one game wasn’t what they’ve been working hard towards. The ultimate goal is reaching and winning Super Bowl LV at Raymond James Stadium.
- McElhinney, Gourde propel Lightning past Hurricanes February 25, 2021
- Lightning Smack Down Upstart Hurricanes February 24, 2021
- Drought ends as Lightning outlast Canes in Raleigh February 23, 2021
- Lethargic Lightning shutout again by Hurricanes February 20, 2021
- Second period burst pushes Panthers past Bolts at Amalie February 15, 2021
- Tremendous effort and explosive second period propels Bolts past Florida February 13, 2021
- Point’s two goals not enough as Bolts’ winning streak halted in Sunrise February 11, 2021
- Bolts dominate Predators for 6th straight win February 9, 2021
- Nashville push not enough as Bolts top Preds in Music City February 8, 2021
- Make it two, as Tampa Bay wins Super Bowl LV February 7, 2021