As today’s training camp ended Buccaneers.com insider Scott Smith broke some news about offensive lineman Demar Dotson that should make Bucs fans quite happy.
Breaking news: T Demar Dotson has signed a multi-year extension with the Bucs. Media availability at approximately 11:30.
— Scott Smith (@ScottSBucs) August 15, 2016
Dirk Koetter has said that right tackle, Demar Dotson, has been the best offensive lineman in camp this year. The Bucs brass must agree.
On Monday morning following practice, Dotson signed a three-year extension with the Bucs worth $16.5 million. Dotson has been with the team since 2009 and was undrafted out of Southern Mississippi. He’s played in 76 games, starting in 52 of those and is the longest tenured player on the team. Dotson played and started in all 32 games from 2013-2014 before an MCL injury sidelined him last season where he only played in six games, just three as a starter.
The Bucs are preparing for their second pre-season game of 2016 against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Saturday. Kickoff is set for 7:30 from Jacksonville.
- A Night of Milestones and Streaks in the City of Brotherly Love December 1, 2022
- Stamkos and Lightning Come Up Short in Tough Loss to Boston November 29, 2022
- Snow Covered Buffalo faces Lightning Storm November 28, 2022
- Point Leads Way in Thanksgiving Showdown November 25, 2022
- Measuring Stick Game Show Lightning Falling Short to Boston 5-3 November 21, 2022
- The Original Swedish Defense Legend November 21, 2022
- Winter Classic Reunion Goes to Overtime November 19, 2022
- Face-off failures brushed aside; Lightning extend win streak to three games November 17, 2022
- 2020 Cup Rematch: Exciting OT Lightning Win 5-4 November 15, 2022
- Strong Start Propels Bolts to Victory November 13, 2022