As today’s training camp ended Buccaneers.com insider Scott Smith broke some news about offensive lineman Demar Dotson that should make Bucs fans quite happy.
Breaking news: T Demar Dotson has signed a multi-year extension with the Bucs. Media availability at approximately 11:30.
— Scott Smith (@ScottSBucs) August 15, 2016
Dirk Koetter has said that right tackle, Demar Dotson, has been the best offensive lineman in camp this year. The Bucs brass must agree.
On Monday morning following practice, Dotson signed a three-year extension with the Bucs worth $16.5 million. Dotson has been with the team since 2009 and was undrafted out of Southern Mississippi. He’s played in 76 games, starting in 52 of those and is the longest tenured player on the team. Dotson played and started in all 32 games from 2013-2014 before an MCL injury sidelined him last season where he only played in six games, just three as a starter.
The Bucs are preparing for their second pre-season game of 2016 against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Saturday. Kickoff is set for 7:30 from Jacksonville.
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022
- Sergachev, Palat combine for late goal to give Lightning 3-2 series lead June 9, 2022