The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have lost their third straight game, falling to 2-4 after their 30-27 defeat in Buffalo.
Jameis Winston goes 32/44 with 382 yards and three touchdowns, but it wasn’t enough as Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy ran all over the Tampa Bay defense.
Turning the ball over returns to haunt the Buccaneer offense, as Winston throws one interception, coughs up a fumble along with Adam Humphries fumbling the costly ball inside Bucs’ territory, which allowed the Bills to run out the clock and kick the game-winning field goal.
The Bucs defense looked uncomfortable after Tyrod Taylor got loose on his first big run of the day, they allowed Taylor to open the field up not only with his feet but with his arm. Tampa Bay’s defense continue to show they must improve on making the initial tackle, because letting Taylor escape multiple sacks, turning them into big plays was a major reason the Bills’ offense was moving the ball so effectively.
For the positives, rookie TE O.J. Howard popped off for six receptions with 94 yards and two touchdowns, along with making his blocking presence felt throughout the game, although the running game never really got started.
LaVonte David again forced a fumble and recovered it for the second week in a row, plus tallying 12 tackles. David continues to show why he’s so important to this defense.
The Bucs lost this game again, they had plenty of chances to push themselves above Buffalo and really take control of the game, but they let those chances slip away.
As the Buccaneers fall to 2-4, they now play their first divisional game next week against Carolina at home. This could be considered a must-win if the Bucs want any chance of making the playoffs. Tampa Bay has now fallen one and a half games back of the third-place Panthers.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy- A Generational Goaltender February 3, 2023
- Franchise Record Home Win Streak at 12 January 28, 2023
- Beasts of the East Collide in Statement Game January 26, 2023
- Stamkos Shines Again as Lightning Win Tough-Played Game January 24, 2023
- Road Trip Finale Ends on Weak Note for Bolts January 21, 2023
- Tempers flare in Edmonton leading to Oilers ending Tampa’s win streak January 20, 2023
- Stamkos Sets Milestone as Lightning Win Big January 19, 2023
- Traveling Bolts Tame Red-Hot Kraken January 16, 2023
- High-flying offense has Lightning not feeling so blue January 14, 2023
- Hitting The Road On a Winning Note (Barely) January 12, 2023