Buccaneers have three players selected for NFL Pro Bowl
When the NFL Pro Bowl takes place at Camping World Stadium next month in Orlando, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have three players that are slated to take part in the game.
The Buccaneers announced on social media Monday evening that three players were selected to play in the all-star game next month, with wide receivers Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and linebacker Shaq Barrett all picked as Pro Bowl selections. For Evans, this is the third time the former Texas A&M product has been picked.
For Godwin and Barrett, this is the first time each player had been selected to the Pro Bowl and the selections are very much deserving for both. Godwin has had a stellar 2019 campaign, as the former Penn State wideout has caught 86 passes for 1,333 yards and seemed well on his way to surpassing 100 catches. Tampa Bay head coach Bruce Arians predicted before the season a big year for Godwin playing out of the slot position and said he would get close to 100 receptions.
Barrett is one of the biggest surprises of the 2019 season of any players when it comes to unknowns. The former Denver Bronco was signed over the off-season on a one-year deal that no one could’ve predicted would’ve blossomed into a Pro Bowl campaign. Barrett has notched 16.5 sacks this season and is one away from breaking the team record of 16.5 set by Warren Sapp.
There might be some question marks on when or if Evans and Godwin will actually take part in the actual game, with both players are nursing hamstring injuries suffered in the previous two games. Evans sustained his injury in Tampa Bay’s thrilling 38-35 victory over the Indianapolis Colts and Godwin’s happened in the third quarter of the Buccaneers’ 38-17 thrashing of the Detroit Lions.
- UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone January 18, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 1/13/20 Factions and a Bash January 18, 2020
- Cirelli shines, tallies first career hat trick in beat-down of the Jets January 18, 2020
- Lightning’s woes at Xcel Energy Center continue in loss to Wild January 16, 2020
- Vasilevskiy notches his 9th in a row with shootout win over Kings January 14, 2020
- NXT UK’s Top Stars Celebrate the One Year Anniversary of UK Branded TakeOver Events January 13, 2020
- Domingue dominates as Lightning win streak dies at ten January 12, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 1/6/20: Questions and Answers January 12, 2020
- Rays send former first-round pick to Cardinals January 10, 2020
- Vasilevskiy earns first shutout of the season, Lightning win streak reaches 9 January 9, 2020