The Buccaneers once again fill crucial needs, covering their bases with three second round and one third round selection. Which players are now headed to training camp in Tampa?
The Bucs traded back in the first round, coming away with a king’s ransom as they selected Vita Vea to play on the line after allowing Buffalo to move up for Quarterback Josh Allen.
Right off the bat, with the 38th pick of the draft, the Buccaneers added Ronald Jones II (RB, USC) to the roster. A true three down back with versality and up-field speed, Jones is going to look to take the pressure off the QB by forcing defenses to come down in the box to account for him.
At pick 63 in the second round, we added cornerback depth, grabbing MJ Stewart (CB, North Carolina) to play press and lock down league receivers, especially after division rival Atlanta added Alabama’s Calvin Ridley to a stacked WR core.
Tampa Bay traded down again, acquiring later round picks, and at pick 63, we double dipped, adding Carlton Davis (CB, Auburn) to the roster. The Bucs get younger and add talent that can learn from Brent Grimes, and it allows Vernon Hargreaves to play slot corner.
The Buccaneers can look to address the safety position in later rounds, but Tampa certainly addressed a need late in the third round, grabbing Alex Cappa (OT, Humboldt State) to solidify our offensive line. Cappa is a mauler and has no issue fighting defensive linemen as Jameis Winston will look to complete the pass. He can also move up-field as Ronald Jones II will look for daylight.
A solid outing for Tampa on day two and the team can fill the remaining holes tomorrow afternoon. So far, so good for the Bucs through the first two days.
- Behind the Barricades: The Great Debate of 2020, Raw Underground, and a new faction wreaks havoc on WWE August 9, 2020
- Lightning miss out on top seed following round robin loss to Flyers August 8, 2020
- Rays staff shuts down Yankees offense August 7, 2020
- Tyler Johnson comes up clutch again as Bolts down B’s. August 5, 2020
- Rays’ struggles magnified by sweep at the hands of Baltimore August 4, 2020
- In a mixed bag, Lightning pull away in the shootout. August 3, 2020
- Behind the barricades: Rusev Day is done new Raw champion August 1, 2020
- LeSean McCoy joins Tampa Bay’s backfield July 31, 2020
- 139 Days later, The Lightning are BACK July 29, 2020
- Behind the Barricade: Extreme Rules was a “Horror Show”, Major NXT Announcement, Slow Burning Stories July 25, 2020