Punter’s historic season is rewarded Saturday.
Who says punters aren’t appreciated? Well, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers know what they have in the leg of one Bryan Anger per their multi-year extension they signed the 28-year old, five year NFL veteran to on Saturday morning. Anger set franchise records this season for punts inside the 20 (32) and net punt average (42.4) which was also a career-high. He is also among the NFL leaders in both of those categories.
His punting precision has also helped in the coverage game, as well. The punt coverage team for the Bucs is fourth in the NFL allowing just 5.6 yards/return.
Anger was selected fairly high back in 2012 when the Jacksonville Jaguars selected him in the third round of the draft out of California. He spent his first four seasons with the Jags before coming over to the Bucs this year.
No specific numbers have been released as of yet. Keep it right here as this story continues to develop.
- Stalwart Defenseman Traded by Lightning July 3, 2022
- Time To Celebrate Our Tampa Bay Lightning June 29, 2022
- Despite the fight, Colorado takes Game 6 and Stanley Cup June 26, 2022
- Resilient Lightning Survive Denver and Force Game Six in Tampa June 25, 2022
- Vasilevskiy’s OT effort not enough as Avs take 3-1 series lead over Bolts June 23, 2022
- Lightning Take Major Step with 6-2 Win June 21, 2022
- Avalanche smother Lightning in Game 2 June 18, 2022
- Hard hitting Avalanche take down Lightning in overtime to win Game 1 June 15, 2022
- Stanley Cup Final Preview and Prediction June 15, 2022
- Third consecutive trip to the Final awaits as Lightning finish off Rangers June 11, 2022