Trout, Pujols and Co begin four-game set v Rays to kick off home stand.
Mike Trout is just 25 years old. He won’t be 26 until early August. Mike Trout is almost two months into his seventh big league season, already. Already, Mike Trout is among the best to ever play the game.
Mike Trout is just 25 years old. At just 25 years old, Trout is once again taking his game to another level. He’s hitting .350/.466/.757 on the season – all a career-high pace. By the way, he’s hit 14 home runs in 2017 through just 40 games and he’s hitting ahead of a future Hall of Famer in Albert Pujols.
Pujols, 37, is coming off a season where he crushed 31 bombs for the Angels and drove in 119 runs. The RBI total – his best since 2010. In 2017, Pujols is off to a not so Pujols-like season. However, anyone in the game will tell you – he’s still Albert Pujols.
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim begin a four-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays Monday night. Both teams come in with identical 23-23 records. The Rays have won three series in a row while the Angels are 6-4 in their last 10 games.
— The Trop SRH (@TropSRH) May 22, 2017
Evan Longoria is getting a day off his feet and at DH while Michael Martinez gets his first start as a Ray.
O.J. in the house!
The Tampa Bay Bucs’ 19th-overall draft pick in this year’s NFL Draft, O.J. Howard, was on hand today to throw out the first pitch. Howard, who played TE at Alabama, spoke with the media before the game.
— The Scrum Sports (@TheScrumSports) May 22, 2017
Jake Odorizzi (3-2, 3.16) takes the hill for the Rays. He’ll be looking to tie fellow pitchers, Matt Andriese and Alex Cobb for most wins in the rotation with four. Odorizzi is coming off a 6-4 win in his last start against the Indians in Cleveland on May 16.
The Angels will counter with J.C. Ramirez (3-3, 3.97). The 28-year old righty has pitched well in his last five starts (2.78 ERA, 32.1 innings). He’s started seven games in 2017 amassing a 1-3 record with a 3.80 ERA in the rotation for the Halos.
Two of the best at the Trop.
- Angels Trout and Rays Corey Dickerson are two of the top hitters in the AL this season.
- Trout ranks second in runs scored (31), home runs (14), and avg (.350) and is first in extra base hits (27)
- Dickerson ranks first in hits (59), multi-hit games (21), and total bases (108) while sitting second in extra base hits (25) and third in avg (.347).
- Tyler Johnson comes up clutch again as Bolts down B’s. August 5, 2020
- Rays’ struggles magnified by sweep at the hands of Baltimore August 4, 2020
- In a mixed bag, Lightning pull away in the shootout. August 3, 2020
- Behind the barricades: Rusev Day is done new Raw champion August 1, 2020
- LeSean McCoy joins Tampa Bay’s backfield July 31, 2020
- 139 Days later, The Lightning are BACK July 29, 2020
- Behind the Barricade: Extreme Rules was a “Horror Show”, Major NXT Announcement, Slow Burning Stories July 25, 2020
- No NFL preseason games in 2020 July 22, 2020
- Sister Abigail is teased in trippy main event at Extreme Rules July 20, 2020
- Behind The Barricade: WWE Superstar out indefinitely, another comes out July 19, 2020