The Tampa Bay Rays will be viewed as one of the clear-cut winners when the 2018 MLB Draft is over. Here’s a look at what the Rays are getting from their selections.
On Monday night the Rays selected two players that were perceived, by many, to go higher in the draft than they did — landing at 16 and 31 overall.
Here are the Scouting Reports for each of the club’s selections in the first three rounds.
No. 16 overall: LHP Matthew Liberatore (Mountain Ridge HS – Arizona)
No. 31 overall: LHP Shane McClanahan (USF)
No. 32 overall: OF Nick Schnell (Roncalli HS – Indiana)
No. 56 overall: SS Tyler Frank (Florida Atlantic)
No. 71 overall: RHP Tanner Dodson (University of California)
- Panthers clinch home ice, blank Bolts in regular season finale May 10, 2021
- Lightning serve up defensive nightmare in drubbing at hands of Stars May 7, 2021
- Point and Killorn lead Lightning past Stars, now tied for second in Central May 5, 2021
- Third line and solid defense propel Lightning to win over Detroit May 2, 2021
- Lightning Can’t Finish in Shootout Loss in Detroit May 1, 2021
- Bolts continue dominance over Stars with 3-0 victory April 29, 2021
- Playoff-bound Bolts score up a storm to beat Hawks April 27, 2021
- Hedman’s heroics lift Lightning to crucial win over Jackets April 25, 2021
- D-Corps matches Columbus’ effort in much needed Lightning win. April 22, 2021
- Tyler Johnson: Grab Some Bench April 21, 2021