Sonny Gray and Yu Darvish dominate the headlines today. But you’ll never believe what Brandon Kintzler was doing when he got the news that he had been traded.
Major League Baseball’s trade deadline is without question the most exciting of the major sports. For some, it’s a holiday, for others – the busiest day of the year.
As trade rumors increased, hours were spent analyzing no-trade clauses and various other contract details of potential targets. Hours of research and evaluation put in with one goal in mind.
Reach the postseason!
— MLB Network (@MLBNetwork) July 31, 2017
Here’s a look at the deadline deals and how they impact the divisional landscape – starting with the National League East.
Two big moves in DC.
— Cut4 (@Cut4) July 31, 2017
Kintzler provides the Nationals with much needed help in the bullpen. Their offense leads the NL in almost every statistical category, including home runs, RBI, batting average, and OPS.
Eight different guys have recorded a save for the Nationals this season. That list includes the recently-acquired (OAK) Sean Doolittle. However, nobody on the team has more than eight saves.
- Lightning Smack Down Upstart Hurricanes February 24, 2021
- Drought ends as Lightning outlast Canes in Raleigh February 23, 2021
- Lethargic Lightning shutout again by Hurricanes February 20, 2021
- Second period burst pushes Panthers past Bolts at Amalie February 15, 2021
- Tremendous effort and explosive second period propels Bolts past Florida February 13, 2021
- Point’s two goals not enough as Bolts’ winning streak halted in Sunrise February 11, 2021
- Bolts dominate Predators for 6th straight win February 9, 2021
- Nashville push not enough as Bolts top Preds in Music City February 8, 2021
- Make it two, as Tampa Bay wins Super Bowl LV February 7, 2021
- Goodrow shines in Lightning victory over Red Wings February 5, 2021