Tampa Bay releases 2020 regular season schedule
The wait is over if you were looking forward to seeing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ 2020 regular season schedule drop on Thursday evening. The Buccaneers released their schedule at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time and to the chagrin of many, the slate doesn’t disappoint whatsoever.
Tampa Bay will have it’s fair share of primetime games, as the Buccaneers find themselves on national television five times throughout the 2020 season and start getting used to 4:25 p.m. kickoffs rather than the usual 1 p.m. starts. The Buccaneers are kicking off at 4:25 four times, with one of those matchups coming against the Kansas City Chiefs at home in Week 12.
Tom Brady coming to Tampa Bay might have a lot to do with why you’ll be viewing the Buccaneers on primetime a bit more, as the former New England Patriot brings a bunch of the limelight to the area. Throw in the fact that Rob Gronkowski is also on board with Tampa Bay as well and the Buccaneers make for must-watch television.
Starting off right the bat, Brady and the Buccaneers will go on the road in Week 1 and face the New Orleans Saints. After a matchup against Drew Brees, Tampa Bay returns back to Raymond James Stadium for its home opener versus the Teddy Bridgewater and the Carolina Panthers. Tampa Bay’s first primetime game comes in Week 5 when they will face the Chicago Bears on Thursday Night Football.
Amongst the other noticeable primetime games that the Buccaneers have are a Sunday Night Football game versus the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 7 at the brand new Allegiant Stadium, followed by a Monday Night Football road matchup versus the New York Giants and then in Week 9 a Sunday night game against the Saints. Three primetime games in three weeks for Tampa Bay, who would’ve ever thought. Down below is Tampa Bay’s full slate of games for the 2020 campaign.
1: at New Orleans Saints
2: vs. Carolina Panthers
3: at Denver Broncos
4: vs. Los Angeles Chargers
5: at Chicago Bears (Thursday)
6: vs. Green Bay Packers
7: at Las Vegas Raiders (SNF)
8: at New York Giants (MNF)
9: vs. New Orleans Saints (SNF)
10: at Carolina Panthers
11: Los Angeles Rams (MNF)
12: Kansas City Chiefs
13: BYE WEEK
14: Minnesota Vikings
15: at Atlanta Falcons
16: at Detroit Lions
17: Atlanta Falcons
- NFL Playoffs Divisional Preview: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans January 16, 2021
- Offense overwhelms Chicago as Bolts sweep opening series January 15, 2021
- A Divisional round preview of Brady, Brees and Bucs vs Saints January 15, 2021
- Led by Steven Stamkos, Lightning cruise past Chicago 5-1 January 14, 2021
- The Goat leads Bucs as they Squeak by Washington January 10, 2021
- Tampa Bay takes on Washington in Wild-Card round January 8, 2021
- Tampa Bay hangs on against Atlanta to secure first wild card spot. January 3, 2021
- Tampa Bay takes on Atlanta in pivotal home finale January 3, 2021
- End of an era: Snell traded to San Diego December 28, 2020
- Lightning deal Paquette, Coburn to Sens for cap relief December 27, 2020