The Tampa Bay Buccaneers may soon be adding a veteran backup quarterback to the roster.
Reports are that Blaine Gabbert will soon sign a deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, although nothing is finalized yet. Gabbert spent last season with the Tennessee Titans but was released last week. Gabbert played under current Bucs head coach Bruce Arians in 2017 when both were with the Arizona Cardinals.
The assumption is that Gabbert will be the backup to Jamies Winston, however, it is worth noting that the team wasted no time in signing last year’s third string QB Ryan Griffin to a new two year deal at the start of free agency. Since the Buccaneers are not known to carry three quarterbacks on the active roster, how this scenario plays out will be a situation worth keeping an eye on.
- Strong start ends with a weak finish for Stomping Grounds June 24, 2019
- Stomping Mudholes at the Stomping Grounds June 23, 2019
- Bare Knuckle Brawls in the Bay June 23, 2019
- Miller trade and Foote family reunion highlight Lightning’s draft weekend June 22, 2019
- Dear St. Pete, can we be really open about something? June 22, 2019
- Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 6 Lobov vs Malignaggi June 20, 2019
- BREAKING: Callahan headed to LTIR, ending his hockey career June 20, 2019
- Individual trophies are great, but one big trophy still eludes Lightning June 20, 2019
- Rays struggle in the fifth, lose to Yankees 6-3 in the Bronx June 19, 2019
- New Champion and the final show before Stomping Grounds June 18, 2019