The Tampa Bay Buccaneers may soon be adding a veteran backup quarterback to the roster.
Reports are that Blaine Gabbert will soon sign a deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, although nothing is finalized yet. Gabbert spent last season with the Tennessee Titans but was released last week. Gabbert played under current Bucs head coach Bruce Arians in 2017 when both were with the Arizona Cardinals.
The assumption is that Gabbert will be the backup to Jamies Winston, however, it is worth noting that the team wasted no time in signing last year’s third string QB Ryan Griffin to a new two year deal at the start of free agency. Since the Buccaneers are not known to carry three quarterbacks on the active roster, how this scenario plays out will be a situation worth keeping an eye on.
- What went wrong: examining the Lightning’s massive letdown April 18, 2019
- Rays crush three homers, beat Orioles 8-1 April 17, 2019
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers to start 2019 versus San Francisco April 17, 2019
- The shock-waves of the shake-up continue April 17, 2019
- Garcia powers Rays to 4-2 victory April 16, 2019
- Sixty-two win bolts can’t buy one in devastating early dance-exit April 16, 2019
- Superstar Shake-up sends shock-waves through RAW roster April 15, 2019
- Meadows garners first Player of the Week honors for red-hot Rays April 15, 2019
- Lightning on the brink of a sweep following Game 3 loss April 14, 2019
- UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2 April 13, 2019