The Tampa Bay Buccaneers may soon be adding a veteran backup quarterback to the roster.
Reports are that Blaine Gabbert will soon sign a deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, although nothing is finalized yet. Gabbert spent last season with the Tennessee Titans but was released last week. Gabbert played under current Bucs head coach Bruce Arians in 2017 when both were with the Arizona Cardinals.
The assumption is that Gabbert will be the backup to Jamies Winston, however, it is worth noting that the team wasted no time in signing last year’s third string QB Ryan Griffin to a new two year deal at the start of free agency. Since the Buccaneers are not known to carry three quarterbacks on the active roster, how this scenario plays out will be a situation worth keeping an eye on.
- Buccaneers outlast the Cardinals to earn first home win November 10, 2019
- Week 10 preview: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Arizona Cardinals November 10, 2019
- Week in pro wrestling 11/4/19: Wargames and Full Gear November 10, 2019
- Hedman scores in homeland as Bolts sweep Sabres in Sweden November 9, 2019
- Hedman returns home as Lightning squeeze past Buffalo November 8, 2019
- Jones offers fantasy football upside after securing starting role November 6, 2019
- Six week road trip mercifully comes to an end for Bucs with 40-34 OT loss to Seahawks November 3, 2019
- Can Tampa Bay rebound against Seattle? November 3, 2019
- The week in Pro Wrestling: Before and After Crown Jewel November 3, 2019
- Greiss stands tall as Lightning suffer third loss in four games November 1, 2019