No NFL preseason games in 2020
The National Football League and the NFL’s Players Association have come to an agreement as of yesterday to have no preseason games in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic. The announcement about no preseason games came out yesterday via social media.
Reports out of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ camp have been the franchise is looking to have Raymond James Stadium filled at 25 percent capacity for the 2020 season. With the stadium able to fill up to 65,000 fans, that number would be around the 17,000 people allowed at the games.
The current off-season has been like no other for all of professional sports and especially for the Buccaneers, who made some blockbuster type moves ahead of the 2020 season. Tampa Bay signed 6-time Super Bowl champion quarterback Tom Brady and decided to move on from 5-year starter Jameis Winston, was ho has since signed with the New Orleans Saints.
Brady has been gathering teammates at Berkeley Prep in Tampa and getting down timing with routes and learning various formations within Bruce Arians’ offense. It’s been a crazy summer, though, for Brady as he was kicked out of a City of Tampa park back in late March and then made the news when he accidentally walked into the wrong house, which he thought was the home of offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich.
Tampa Bay also made a splash move by trading for Brady’s former New England Patriots’ tight end Rob Gronkowski, who now joins an already loaded receiver room. Brady could arguably have his best set of receivers and tight ends since the 2007 season, which featured Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Brady will have the likes of Gronkowski, OJ Howard, Cameron Brate, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Scotty Miller to throw to.
There’s been no shortage of excitement surrounding the Buccaneers this summer, as Brady has brought the national spotlight on Tampa Bay with the high expectations now at hand. Many are predicting not only a playoff berth for the Buccaneers, but a deep postseason run is within grasp for the team for the first time since 2007. No NFL preseason games definitely provides a much different dynamic for every club in the league.
- Two-run homer by Margot secures Rays’ victory over Jays in Game 1 September 29, 2020
- Victor Hedman Wins Conn Smythe as Bolts win 2nd Cup September 28, 2020
- Two wins in a row, Tampa Bay routs Denver September 27, 2020
- Perry Scores in 2nd OT to Force Game 6 September 27, 2020
- UFC 253: Adesanya vs Costa September 26, 2020
- Lightning 5-4 Win in Overtime in Game 4 September 26, 2020
- Butherus: Don’t discount the power of the punks September 24, 2020
- Rays clinch first division title in ten years September 24, 2020
- A Lightning strike turns to fire as Bolts down Dallas 5-2 September 24, 2020
- Power play thrives, Bolts down Stars to even series September 21, 2020