MNF Game Preview: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New York Giants
Offense is starting to roll
Just when the defense for Tampa Bay was coming off its best performance of the season, the offense followed it up with its own. Tom Brady put on a masterful game, completing 33-of-45 passes for 369 yards, four touchdowns and most importantly zero interceptions. It’s noted that when this offense has all of its weapons on deck, there’s very few defenses that can slow the Buccaneers down. The addition of Antonio Brown in Tampa Bay is a head scratcher to some, the former Pittsburgh Steeler standout could help take the Buccaneers to another level on offense.
Defense one of the best in the NFL
This defensive unit of Todd Bowles has been terrific as of late against the Green Bay Packers and Raiders, with the defense picking off three passes between Aaron Rodgers and Derek Carr. Tampa Bay’s defense ranks third in the NFL in yards allowed per game at 319, first against run (66 yards per game) and eighth in points allowed (20.3 points per game). The Buccaneers’ defense figures to have themselves a good day when they face a porous Giants’ offense that ranks near the bottom of many categories in the offensive production. New York is 31st in yards per game at 299.6 and also 31st in points per game at 17.4 If the last couple weeks has taught us anything, Daniel Jones could be in for a very long day.
Penalties are not a problem as of late
The penalty problem Tampa Bay had a few weeks ago when they faced the Chicago Bears, has nearly evaporated over the last two games. The Buccaneers didn’t register a penalty in the 38-10 victory over the Green Bay Packers and versus the Las Vegas Raiders, Tampa Bay only had four penalties for 20 yards. Biggest issue in Tampa Bay’s 20-19 loss to the Bears was penalties derailing offensive drives during the game, which caught the ire of Brady during the nationally televised contest. Tampa Bay has surely cleaned up the penalty area of its game and it has paid huge dividends, especially on offense.
- Mikhail Sergachev Locked Up For Next Three Seasons by Lightning November 25, 2020
- Brady turnovers doom Bucs in loss to Rams November 24, 2020
- Game preview-Rams at Buccaneers November 20, 2020
- A Sigh of Relief as Bucs Rebound in a big way Against Carolina November 15, 2020
- Saints throttle Buccaneers on primetime November 8, 2020
- Big Games are Back in Tampa Bay! Preview of Bucs and Saints November 6, 2020
- A Nightmare Start Nearly Derails the Bucs as They Leave a lot to be Desired November 3, 2020
- MNF Game Preview: Buccaneers at Giants October 30, 2020
- Rays lose a heartbreaker, World Series hopes slip away in Game 6 October 28, 2020
- Brady lights up the Raiders in a blow-out 45-20 win in Las Vegas. October 25, 2020