Leonard Fournette signs with the Buccaneers
If the off-season couldn’t get anymore wild for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in terms of free agent pickups, things took another turn at One Buc Place Wednesday night.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announces the signing of former 2017 first round pick Leonard Fournette, who played his first three seasons in the National Football League with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Fournette joins a very crowded backfield in Tampa that already includes Ronald Jones, LeSean McCoy, Ke’Shawn Vaughn and Dare Ogunbowale.
Without a doubt the move helps bolster a backfield that was already loaded with talent to begin with, but now the Buccaneers must find a way to get the ball around with so many playmakers on the offensive end of the ball. Tampa Bay has made numerous splash signings in hopes of dashing to Super Bowl 55 next year, which will be played at Raymond James Stadium.
The signing of Tom Brady kicked off everything for the Buccaneers, after parting ways with five-year starter Jameis Winston. Brady’s signing was touted by many to be the first of many moves the organization would make en route to the 2020 campaign and it has. Brady’s old running mate, tight end Rob Gronkowski, signed with the Buccaneers in the off-season. Both have sparked plenty of excitement around the team.
Now with the addition of Fournette to the cast, Tampa Bay head coach Bruce Arians is tasked with finding a way to distribute the ball around to all of his talented players. Fournette is coming off his best season rushing yardage wise, as the former LSU star rushed for 1,152 yards for the 6-10 Jaguars. The former Jag has been hampered by injuries in the past and that will be something to watch out for moving forward. Tampa Bay will open the season next Sunday against the New Orleans Saints on the road.
- Without Kucherov, Lightning lay another egg on home ice October 19, 2021
- Penalty kill perfection leads to overtime heroics for Lightning in DC October 16, 2021
- Lightning rebound with a frantic comeback victory over Detroit October 15, 2021
- Lightning come out Flat and Fall to Pittsburgh on Banner Night October 13, 2021
- 2021-22 Lightning Season Preview October 12, 2021
- Preseason struggles continue as Bolts drop another to Preds October 3, 2021
- The New Lightning Players July 31, 2021
- Tampa Bay Locks up Point with big 8 Year Extension July 28, 2021
- Expansion draft predictions: Who we think the Kraken select July 20, 2021
- Protect the house: Stamkos, Vasilevskiy highlight Lightning untouchables July 18, 2021