Game Preview: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Las Vegas Raiders
Kickoff: 4:05pm at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada
This defense, though
No really, this defense is for real on many levels and they are now No. 1 in yards allowed per game at 282 a contest and less than 65 on the ground. Not to mention they are holding passers to less than 200 yards per game through the air. It’s pretty impressive coming from a unit that was coming on strong last year and has continued to make its mark. Picking off Aaron Rodgers twice and flustering the future Hall of Famer was a nice notch to the defense’s belt, but now they’ll turn their focus on slowing down Derek Carr.
Brady and Gronk, the remix
We all knew this pairing would eventually get themselves right at some point during the season and the ole Brady-to-Gronkowski connection was on full display Sunday afternoon against Green Bay. Gronkowski hauled in five passes for 78 yards and did the famous ‘Gronk spike’ at Raymond James Stadium. Gronkowski is now at 17 catches for 218 yards this season and as he continues to grow into his role with the team, he becomes more dangerous in Bruce Arians’ offense.
RoJo running right
One of the biggest surprises of the Buccaneers’ offense this season is the play of running back Ronald Jones. Jones is currently third in rushing in the National Football League at 472 yards. Tampa Bay has one of the deepest stable of running backs with Jones, Leonard Fournette, LeSean McCoy and Ke’Shawn Vaughn. He’s shown the capability of being an every down running back and now the Buccaneers know they can rely on Jones as the primary ball carrier. With Jones rushing for 113 yards against Green Bay, the Las Vegas Raiders will have to respect the run game and that will open up the play action pass.
- Chicago strikes back, squeaks past Tampa in the shootout March 6, 2021
- Hedman’s buzzer beater lifts Bolts past Hawks on the road March 4, 2021
- Vasilevskiy earns 3rd straight shutout as Bolts top Stars March 2, 2021
- Back-to-back shutouts for Vasilevskiy as Bolts rout Stars February 27, 2021
- McElhinney, Gourde propel Lightning past Hurricanes February 25, 2021
- Lightning Smack Down Upstart Hurricanes February 24, 2021
- Drought ends as Lightning outlast Canes in Raleigh February 23, 2021
- Lethargic Lightning shutout again by Hurricanes February 20, 2021
- Second period burst pushes Panthers past Bolts at Amalie February 15, 2021
- Tremendous effort and explosive second period propels Bolts past Florida February 13, 2021