Game Preview: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Atlanta Falcons
Stay turnover free on offense
This is one area that has almost assuredly given the Buccaneers victories if they stay away from it and that’s turnovers. Last Sunday’s win was another prime example that if Tampa Bay shrugs off the turnover bug, that they are nearly unbeatable. It wasn’t a pretty offensive day, but an efficient one for Tampa Bay. Brady threw for 196 yards and two touchdowns, with no interceptions. Brady is now at 30 touchdowns and 11 interceptions on the season. The Buccaneers are 1-4 when Brady throws a pick and 7-1 when he doesn’t.
Front four must get home
Getting pressure on the quarterback will be big in these final few games, as the Atlanta Falcons and Lions rely heavily on their passing attacks to produce offense. The Vikings were more of a run to set up the pass kinda team, but the front four were able to get immense pressure on Minnesota quarterback Kirk Cousins. The pressure led to six sacks and multiple fumbles, which the last one sealed the win for Tampa Bay. Getting plenty of pressure on Matt Ryan will be key for the Buccaneers, as he threw three interceptions in the Falcons’ 20-17 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. Pressure Ryan and turnovers will come.
LeSean McCoy should remain the 3rd down back
One move that really made Bruce Arians look like a genius on Sunday was going with the switch up on third down running backs, as he made Leonard Fournette a healthy scratch and activated LeSean McCoy to backup Ronald Jones. McCoy provides the Buccaneers with a more sure-handed back out of the backfield and he was able to get some yards rushing as well. McCoy spelled Jones and rushed for 32 yards and if he remains in the lineup, he should see more touches catching the ball as well. Numerous dropped passes by Fournette must’ve contributed to the decision in making a change, as the former Jaguar has had trouble catching passes.
- Killorn’s Gordie Howe hat trick helps Lightning top Hurricanes in overtime April 19, 2021
- Lightning Lose A Playoff Style Battle with Panthers April 17, 2021
- NHL Trade Deadline Review April 17, 2021
- Hedman’s heroics, Vasilevskiy help Bolts in victory over Panthers April 16, 2021
- Preds drub Bolts in brutal Music City defensive performance April 13, 2021
- Is Victor Hedman an All Time NHL Defenseman? April 11, 2021
- Andrei Vasilevskiy Shuts Down Predators April 10, 2021
- Lightning Trade for David Savard in Three Team Trade April 10, 2021
- First period onslaught helps Lightning end goal-scoring woes in victory April 8, 2021
- Frustrating Jackets Hand Lightning Another Loss to Start Road Trip April 6, 2021