When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers kickoff the 2019 season, they will be without one of Jameis Winston’s favorite and most reliable targets at wide receiver.
On Tuesday, the Tennessee Titans agreed to terms with free agent wide receiver Adam Humphries on a 4-year, $36-million deal. Humphries has spent the last four seasons in Tampa Bay where he emerged as a reliable, sure handed slot threat for the Buccaneers who could occasionally be counted on as a deep threat. In 2018, Humphries finished the season behind only Mike Evans for most receptions on the team with 76 and third on the team in receiving yards 816.
Tampa Bay opted to let Humphries test the free agency market and the Titans came calling right away. Tennessee general manager Jon Robinson was in the Bucs’ front office in 2015 and had a first hand relationship with Humphries, as well as an up close look at what he brings to the team. Tennessee appears to be a great fit and even better opportunity for Humphries to emerge as a big name, Julian Edelman-type slot receiver. With a healthy Marcus Mariota, the Titans could give defenses fits in their short passing game having Humphries on the field.
Humphries also served as the Bucs’ primary punt returner for much of his stint in Tampa. Still, with the team’s current salary cap struggles, it makes sense that they would prioritize other positions going into free agency, especially with Humphries due a much more lucrative deal this time around. As reliable as fan-favorite Humphries was for the team, his body of work suggests that the Bucs could find a suitable replacement through the draft or a free agency pickup of their own.
- UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone January 18, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 1/13/20 Factions and a Bash January 18, 2020
- Cirelli shines, tallies first career hat trick in beat-down of the Jets January 18, 2020
- Lightning’s woes at Xcel Energy Center continue in loss to Wild January 16, 2020
- Vasilevskiy notches his 9th in a row with shootout win over Kings January 14, 2020
- NXT UK’s Top Stars Celebrate the One Year Anniversary of UK Branded TakeOver Events January 13, 2020
- Domingue dominates as Lightning win streak dies at ten January 12, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 1/6/20: Questions and Answers January 12, 2020
- Rays send former first-round pick to Cardinals January 10, 2020
- Vasilevskiy earns first shutout of the season, Lightning win streak reaches 9 January 9, 2020