Second-year tight end, O.J. Howard, could miss up to a month with a sprained MCL.
The score was ugly on Sunday. The defense was ugly. In fact, most of the football game for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was ugly up in Chicago on Sunday. The 48-10 loss was just the beginning. It was announced Monday morning that the 2017 first-round draft pick will miss some significant time due to the injury suffered in the loss.
The good news?
The Bucs are on a bye this week. That means Howard’s timeline looks a bit less ominous. He could only miss 2-3 games and return by Week 8 when the Bucs travel to Cincinnati to play the Bengals. The worst-case scenario is he returns the following week in Carolina.
Howard has 11 catches this season totaling 222 yards and a touchdown.
Cameron Brate, a favorite target for returning QB Jameis Winston, will get more opportunities. The other two tight ends on the depth chart are second year man, Anthony Auclair, and third-year pro Alan Cross.
The Bucs head to Atlanta after the bye week to face the division rival Falcons.
- Tyler Johnson comes up clutch again as Bolts down B’s. August 5, 2020
- Rays’ struggles magnified by sweep at the hands of Baltimore August 4, 2020
- In a mixed bag, Lightning pull away in the shootout. August 3, 2020
- Behind the barricades: Rusev Day is done new Raw champion August 1, 2020
- LeSean McCoy joins Tampa Bay’s backfield July 31, 2020
- 139 Days later, The Lightning are BACK July 29, 2020
- Behind the Barricade: Extreme Rules was a “Horror Show”, Major NXT Announcement, Slow Burning Stories July 25, 2020
- No NFL preseason games in 2020 July 22, 2020
- Sister Abigail is teased in trippy main event at Extreme Rules July 20, 2020
- Behind The Barricade: WWE Superstar out indefinitely, another comes out July 19, 2020