Second-year tight end, O.J. Howard, could miss up to a month with a sprained MCL.
The score was ugly on Sunday. The defense was ugly. In fact, most of the football game for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was ugly up in Chicago on Sunday. The 48-10 loss was just the beginning. It was announced Monday morning that the 2017 first-round draft pick will miss some significant time due to the injury suffered in the loss.
The good news?
The Bucs are on a bye this week. That means Howard’s timeline looks a bit less ominous. He could only miss 2-3 games and return by Week 8 when the Bucs travel to Cincinnati to play the Bengals. The worst-case scenario is he returns the following week in Carolina.
Howard has 11 catches this season totaling 222 yards and a touchdown.
Cameron Brate, a favorite target for returning QB Jameis Winston, will get more opportunities. The other two tight ends on the depth chart are second year man, Anthony Auclair, and third-year pro Alan Cross.
The Bucs head to Atlanta after the bye week to face the division rival Falcons.
- UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone January 18, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 1/13/20 Factions and a Bash January 18, 2020
- Cirelli shines, tallies first career hat trick in beat-down of the Jets January 18, 2020
- Lightning’s woes at Xcel Energy Center continue in loss to Wild January 16, 2020
- Vasilevskiy notches his 9th in a row with shootout win over Kings January 14, 2020
- NXT UK’s Top Stars Celebrate the One Year Anniversary of UK Branded TakeOver Events January 13, 2020
- Domingue dominates as Lightning win streak dies at ten January 12, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 1/6/20: Questions and Answers January 12, 2020
- Rays send former first-round pick to Cardinals January 10, 2020
- Vasilevskiy earns first shutout of the season, Lightning win streak reaches 9 January 9, 2020