The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached an agreement with third-string quarterback Ryan Griffin, keeping him in Tampa Bay for the next 2 years.
Ryan Griffin is entering his 7th NFL season and has spent each of the first six as a third-string or practice squad player. He has served as Tampa Bay’s third-string quarterback under backups Mike Glennon and Ryan Fitzpatrick in his four seasons with the Buccaneers.
Since signing with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2013, Griffin has yet to take a snap in a regular season NFL game in his career. He has looked like a serviceable backup at times during preseason play but it is unknown at this time whether he will be promoted to Jameis Winston’s backup or if the team will opt to look into other options to fill that spot. Last year’s backup, 36 year old Fitzpatrick is currently an unrestricted free agent.
The specific terms of Griffin’s deal have yet to be released.
- UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone January 18, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 1/13/20 Factions and a Bash January 18, 2020
- Cirelli shines, tallies first career hat trick in beat-down of the Jets January 18, 2020
- Lightning’s woes at Xcel Energy Center continue in loss to Wild January 16, 2020
- Vasilevskiy notches his 9th in a row with shootout win over Kings January 14, 2020
- NXT UK’s Top Stars Celebrate the One Year Anniversary of UK Branded TakeOver Events January 13, 2020
- Domingue dominates as Lightning win streak dies at ten January 12, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 1/6/20: Questions and Answers January 12, 2020
- Rays send former first-round pick to Cardinals January 10, 2020
- Vasilevskiy earns first shutout of the season, Lightning win streak reaches 9 January 9, 2020