The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached an agreement with third-string quarterback Ryan Griffin, keeping him in Tampa Bay for the next 2 years.
Ryan Griffin is entering his 7th NFL season and has spent each of the first six as a third-string or practice squad player. He has served as Tampa Bay’s third-string quarterback under backups Mike Glennon and Ryan Fitzpatrick in his four seasons with the Buccaneers.
Since signing with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2013, Griffin has yet to take a snap in a regular season NFL game in his career. He has looked like a serviceable backup at times during preseason play but it is unknown at this time whether he will be promoted to Jameis Winston’s backup or if the team will opt to look into other options to fill that spot. Last year’s backup, 36 year old Fitzpatrick is currently an unrestricted free agent.
The specific terms of Griffin’s deal have yet to be released.
- ‘Dock Talk’ with Killer has hockey community taking notice May 27, 2020
- NHL unveils document detaling protocols for Phase 2 of possible return May 25, 2020
- Brady, Arians an offensive match made in heaven? May 25, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 5/18/20 The road to Double or Nothing May 24, 2020
- Butherus: Go out and get that paper, Snell. And not a virus. May 18, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 5/11/20 Big announcements May 17, 2020
- WWE: Money In The Bank 2020 Results May 10, 2020
- Week pro wrestling 5/4/20 AEW is live again, big debuts May 9, 2020
- Tampa Bay releases 2020 regular season schedule May 7, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 4/27/20: Nearing the end May 3, 2020