The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached an agreement with third-string quarterback Ryan Griffin, keeping him in Tampa Bay for the next 2 years.
Ryan Griffin is entering his 7th NFL season and has spent each of the first six as a third-string or practice squad player. He has served as Tampa Bay’s third-string quarterback under backups Mike Glennon and Ryan Fitzpatrick in his four seasons with the Buccaneers.
Since signing with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2013, Griffin has yet to take a snap in a regular season NFL game in his career. He has looked like a serviceable backup at times during preseason play but it is unknown at this time whether he will be promoted to Jameis Winston’s backup or if the team will opt to look into other options to fill that spot. Last year’s backup, 36 year old Fitzpatrick is currently an unrestricted free agent.
The specific terms of Griffin’s deal have yet to be released.
- Strong start ends with a weak finish for Stomping Grounds June 24, 2019
- Stomping Mudholes at the Stomping Grounds June 23, 2019
- Bare Knuckle Brawls in the Bay June 23, 2019
- Miller trade and Foote family reunion highlight Lightning’s draft weekend June 22, 2019
- Dear St. Pete, can we be really open about something? June 22, 2019
- Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 6 Lobov vs Malignaggi June 20, 2019
- BREAKING: Callahan headed to LTIR, ending his hockey career June 20, 2019
- Individual trophies are great, but one big trophy still eludes Lightning June 20, 2019
- Rays struggle in the fifth, lose to Yankees 6-3 in the Bronx June 19, 2019
- New Champion and the final show before Stomping Grounds June 18, 2019