The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached an agreement with third-string quarterback Ryan Griffin, keeping him in Tampa Bay for the next 2 years.
Ryan Griffin is entering his 7th NFL season and has spent each of the first six as a third-string or practice squad player. He has served as Tampa Bay’s third-string quarterback under backups Mike Glennon and Ryan Fitzpatrick in his four seasons with the Buccaneers.
Since signing with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2013, Griffin has yet to take a snap in a regular season NFL game in his career. He has looked like a serviceable backup at times during preseason play but it is unknown at this time whether he will be promoted to Jameis Winston’s backup or if the team will opt to look into other options to fill that spot. Last year’s backup, 36 year old Fitzpatrick is currently an unrestricted free agent.
The specific terms of Griffin’s deal have yet to be released.
- What went wrong: examining the Lightning’s massive letdown April 18, 2019
- Rays crush three homers, beat Orioles 8-1 April 17, 2019
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers to start 2019 versus San Francisco April 17, 2019
- The shock-waves of the shake-up continue April 17, 2019
- Garcia powers Rays to 4-2 victory April 16, 2019
- Sixty-two win bolts can’t buy one in devastating early dance-exit April 16, 2019
- Superstar Shake-up sends shock-waves through RAW roster April 15, 2019
- Meadows garners first Player of the Week honors for red-hot Rays April 15, 2019
- Lightning on the brink of a sweep following Game 3 loss April 14, 2019
- UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2 April 13, 2019