2018 First round draft pick Vita Vea was taken off the field at practice today. While nothing is official yet and everyone will have to pay close attention.
Head Coach Dirk Koetter did give a little information on Vea following the first open practice of training camp.
“Vita left practice. I’m not sure what it is. It’s a lower-leg injury of some kind. We’ll know later – I don’t know right now.”
While no one is sure what exactly happened Koetter does think somehow the rookie defensive lineman got injured during an 11 on 11 drill.
“He got kicked, I believe, but we don’t know.”
Rumor is the injury is a calf strain, but the team has yet to release an official report. The First round pick has a steep uphill battle on his hands if he wants to earn a starting spot out of camp.
That wasn’t the only moment of today’s camp that stood out. While the team primarily practiced on the outside field during a beautiful yet hot day, the teams first open practice concluded inside the team new indoor facility.
Winston to D-Jax
With the offense backed up inside their zone, Jameis Winston unleashed a deep ball to wide receiver DeSean Jackson, as sight Bucs fans have been waiting on.
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) July 30, 2018
While the yardage isn’t official it looked like a 50-60 yard deep touchdown pass. The catch drew a loud cheer from the fans in attendance at training camp.
Jackson also took some time to have a little catch with a lucky fan.
— The Scrum Sports (@TheScrumSports) July 29, 2018
Leonard Wester left practice as well with an injury, nothing at this time is known on his prognosis either. Other than Vea and Wester the Bucs escaped Sunday’s training camp practice without any serious incidents.
- Rays lose a heartbreaker, World Series hopes slip away in Game 6 October 28, 2020
- Brady lights up the Raiders in a blow-out 45-20 win in Las Vegas. October 25, 2020
- Rays win an absolute thriller, tie series at two October 25, 2020
- Game Preview: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Las Vegas Raiders October 25, 2020
- UFC 254: Khabib vs. Gaethje October 24, 2020
- Morton struggles as Rays drop Game 3 to Dodgers October 24, 2020
- Did Tampa Bay make the right choice by signing Antonio Brown? October 23, 2020
- Slump buster; Lowe breaks out and leads Rays to Game 2 victory October 22, 2020
- Rays go down swinging, lose game 1 of the World Series October 21, 2020
- Defense leads the way in Bucs win over Packers October 18, 2020