The DeSean Jackson Era in Tampa Bay is over and he’ll get his wish to start over once again in a familiar place.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers traded the disgruntled wide receiver to the Philadelphia Eagles, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. Jackson spent the last two seasons in Tampa Bay and had mixed results in trying to connect with quarterback Jameis Winston. The Eagles will send this year’s sixth round pick and swap for the Buccaneers’ 2020 seventh rounder.
Last season, Jackson caught 41 passes for 774 yards and four touchdowns, with much of that success coming when Ryan Fitzpatrick started the first four games while Winston was out due to a three-game suspension. During that stretch, Jackson displayed the game breaking ability as Tampa Bay started off 2-2.
When Winston supplanted Fitzpatrick as the starter, Jackson’s numbers dipped game-by-game and the former Pro Bowl wide receiver showed his unhappiness by asking for a trade at the trade deadline. One of the places Jackson was clamoring to be sent to was the Philadelphia Eagles, where he played his first six seasons of his career before being traded in 2014 by then Philadelphia head coach Chip Kelly.
Jackson has been named to the Pro Bowl three times and also played for the Washington Redskins from 2014 to 2016. This will be Jackson’s second stint with the Eagles and he will team up with fourth-year quarterback Carson Wentz, whom is coming off a knee injury that derailed him late last season.
- What went wrong: examining the Lightning’s massive letdown April 18, 2019
- Rays crush three homers, beat Orioles 8-1 April 17, 2019
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers to start 2019 versus San Francisco April 17, 2019
- The shock-waves of the shake-up continue April 17, 2019
- Garcia powers Rays to 4-2 victory April 16, 2019
- Sixty-two win bolts can’t buy one in devastating early dance-exit April 16, 2019
- Superstar Shake-up sends shock-waves through RAW roster April 15, 2019
- Meadows garners first Player of the Week honors for red-hot Rays April 15, 2019
- Lightning on the brink of a sweep following Game 3 loss April 14, 2019
- UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2 April 13, 2019