The DeSean Jackson Era in Tampa Bay is over and he’ll get his wish to start over once again in a familiar place.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers traded the disgruntled wide receiver to the Philadelphia Eagles, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. Jackson spent the last two seasons in Tampa Bay and had mixed results in trying to connect with quarterback Jameis Winston. The Eagles will send this year’s sixth round pick and swap for the Buccaneers’ 2020 seventh rounder.
Last season, Jackson caught 41 passes for 774 yards and four touchdowns, with much of that success coming when Ryan Fitzpatrick started the first four games while Winston was out due to a three-game suspension. During that stretch, Jackson displayed the game breaking ability as Tampa Bay started off 2-2.
When Winston supplanted Fitzpatrick as the starter, Jackson’s numbers dipped game-by-game and the former Pro Bowl wide receiver showed his unhappiness by asking for a trade at the trade deadline. One of the places Jackson was clamoring to be sent to was the Philadelphia Eagles, where he played his first six seasons of his career before being traded in 2014 by then Philadelphia head coach Chip Kelly.
Jackson has been named to the Pro Bowl three times and also played for the Washington Redskins from 2014 to 2016. This will be Jackson’s second stint with the Eagles and he will team up with fourth-year quarterback Carson Wentz, whom is coming off a knee injury that derailed him late last season.
- Game Preview: Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers August 23, 2019
- Beeks struggles late, Rays fall again August 20, 2019
- Tampa Bay signs Jason Licht to new 5-year deal August 17, 2019
- Tampa Bay edges Miami in rainy preseason affair August 17, 2019
- The Week In Wrestling (8/16/19) WWE landscape has changed August 16, 2019
- Is Nate Diaz Overrated? August 15, 2019
- Rays explode late, continue west coast win streak August 13, 2019
- Buccaneers vs. Dolphins: Looking ahead to preseason Week 2 August 12, 2019
- Summerslam/NXT ’19 Chaos and smart booking reigns August 12, 2019
- Buccaneers’ Preseason Recap: Who stood out and who didn’t August 11, 2019