Buccaneers select Tristan Wirfs at No. 13 in NFL Draft
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers went ahead and addressed a need at right tackle and selected offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs as the No. 13 pick in the NFL Draft 2020. Buccaneers trades with the San Francisco 49ers to move up from the No. 14 pick to No. 13 to select Wirfs, who gives Tampa Bay a lift on the offensive line.
With Tom Brady at quarterback for the Buccaneers, solidifying the offensive line was important for general manager Jason Licht and head coach Bruce Arians. Wirfs played left and right tackle for Iowa and could be a Day 1 starter opposite of Donovan Smith. The Buccaneers’ offensive line now could potentially be Smith, Ali Marpet, Ryan Jensen, Alex Cappa and Wirfs at right tackle.
Some draft analysts had the top four offensive tackles off the board by the time Tampa Bay picked at No. 14. With the Buccaneers being able to jump a pick to select Wirfs. Now it will be interesting to see how Tampa Bay drafts from rounds two through seven. Amongst other needs for Tampa Bay is running back, safety and possibly a young quarterback in the later rounds.
- Vasilevskiy earns 3rd straight shutout as Bolts top Stars March 2, 2021
- Back-to-back shutouts for Vasilevskiy as Bolts rout Stars February 27, 2021
- McElhinney, Gourde propel Lightning past Hurricanes February 25, 2021
- Lightning Smack Down Upstart Hurricanes February 24, 2021
- Drought ends as Lightning outlast Canes in Raleigh February 23, 2021
- Lethargic Lightning shutout again by Hurricanes February 20, 2021
- Second period burst pushes Panthers past Bolts at Amalie February 15, 2021
- Tremendous effort and explosive second period propels Bolts past Florida February 13, 2021
- Point’s two goals not enough as Bolts’ winning streak halted in Sunrise February 11, 2021
- Bolts dominate Predators for 6th straight win February 9, 2021