Buccaneers select Tristan Wirfs at No. 13 in NFL Draft
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers went ahead and addressed a need at right tackle and selected offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs as the No. 13 pick in the NFL Draft 2020. Buccaneers trades with the San Francisco 49ers to move up from the No. 14 pick to No. 13 to select Wirfs, who gives Tampa Bay a lift on the offensive line.
With Tom Brady at quarterback for the Buccaneers, solidifying the offensive line was important for general manager Jason Licht and head coach Bruce Arians. Wirfs played left and right tackle for Iowa and could be a Day 1 starter opposite of Donovan Smith. The Buccaneers’ offensive line now could potentially be Smith, Ali Marpet, Ryan Jensen, Alex Cappa and Wirfs at right tackle.
Some draft analysts had the top four offensive tackles off the board by the time Tampa Bay picked at No. 14. With the Buccaneers being able to jump a pick to select Wirfs. Now it will be interesting to see how Tampa Bay drafts from rounds two through seven. Amongst other needs for Tampa Bay is running back, safety and possibly a young quarterback in the later rounds.
- Week in pro wrestling 6/1/20 Drake Maverick’s journey ends June 6, 2020
- UFC 250 June 4, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 5/25/20 WWE crowds and AEW debuts May 31, 2020
- ‘Dock Talk’ with Killer has hockey community taking notice May 27, 2020
- NHL unveils document detaling protocols for Phase 2 of possible return May 25, 2020
- Brady, Arians an offensive match made in heaven? May 25, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 5/18/20 The road to Double or Nothing May 24, 2020
- Butherus: Go out and get that paper, Snell. And not a virus. May 18, 2020
- Week in pro wrestling 5/11/20 Big announcements May 17, 2020
- WWE: Money In The Bank 2020 Results May 10, 2020