Buccaneers select Tristan Wirfs at No. 13 in NFL Draft
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers went ahead and addressed a need at right tackle and selected offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs as the No. 13 pick in the NFL Draft 2020. Buccaneers trades with the San Francisco 49ers to move up from the No. 14 pick to No. 13 to select Wirfs, who gives Tampa Bay a lift on the offensive line.
With Tom Brady at quarterback for the Buccaneers, solidifying the offensive line was important for general manager Jason Licht and head coach Bruce Arians. Wirfs played left and right tackle for Iowa and could be a Day 1 starter opposite of Donovan Smith. The Buccaneers’ offensive line now could potentially be Smith, Ali Marpet, Ryan Jensen, Alex Cappa and Wirfs at right tackle.
Some draft analysts had the top four offensive tackles off the board by the time Tampa Bay picked at No. 14. With the Buccaneers being able to jump a pick to select Wirfs. Now it will be interesting to see how Tampa Bay drafts from rounds two through seven. Amongst other needs for Tampa Bay is running back, safety and possibly a young quarterback in the later rounds.
- Mikhail Sergachev Locked Up For Next Three Seasons by Lightning November 25, 2020
- Brady turnovers doom Bucs in loss to Rams November 24, 2020
- Game preview-Rams at Buccaneers November 20, 2020
- A Sigh of Relief as Bucs Rebound in a big way Against Carolina November 15, 2020
- Saints throttle Buccaneers on primetime November 8, 2020
- Big Games are Back in Tampa Bay! Preview of Bucs and Saints November 6, 2020
- A Nightmare Start Nearly Derails the Bucs as They Leave a lot to be Desired November 3, 2020
- MNF Game Preview: Buccaneers at Giants October 30, 2020
- Rays lose a heartbreaker, World Series hopes slip away in Game 6 October 28, 2020
- Brady lights up the Raiders in a blow-out 45-20 win in Las Vegas. October 25, 2020