Brady turnovers doom Bucs in loss to Rams
In the same matchup last season at The Coliseum in Los Angeles, Tampa Bay had themselves a banner day through the air.
Jameis Winston threw for 385 yards, four touchdowns and led the Buccaneers to a thrilling 55-42 win over the Rams on the road. This time around and later on in the season, it wasn’t anywhere quite near what Tampa Bay was able to put together. Like at all.
Tom Brady turnovers will become much of the talk all week leading into the Buccaneers’ next matchup when they face the Kansas City Chiefs, as two interceptions doomed Tampa Bay in a 27-24 loss on Monday Night Football. The loss brings the Buccaneers to 1-3 in primetime games, with lone victory being a narrow one over the New York Giants.
A lot of questions will be surrounding Brady this week, with many bad throws hindering the Buccaneers’ offense from getting anything going. It all starts, though, with the lack of a run game. After Ronald Jones rushed for 192 yards last week versus Carolina, the tailback was nowhere to be found on Monday night. Jones was held to a mere 24 yards on 10 carries.
It would be the Rams’ defense that ended up putting the clamps down on a offense on the night, with Los Angeles holding Tampa Bay (7-4) to less than 300 yards of offense. Los Angeles’ quarterback Jared Goff also out-dueled Brady in the quarterback matchup, as he threw for 376 yards on 39-of-51 passing for three touchdowns.
Despite the bad outing altogether, Tampa Bay still had themselves in position to win the game late in the fourth quarter. After Matt Gay hit a 40-yard field goal to put the Rams (7-3) ahead 27-24 with 2:36 remaining, Tampa Bay got the ball back with plenty of time to go down the field and score. The last of Brady turnovers occurred when he took a shot downfield for Cameron Brate and was picked off by Jordan Fuller.
- Devin White comes up huge, Bucs move on January 17, 2021
- NFL Playoffs Divisional Preview: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans January 16, 2021
- Offense overwhelms Chicago as Bolts sweep opening series January 15, 2021
- A Divisional round preview of Brady, Brees and Bucs vs Saints January 15, 2021
- Led by Steven Stamkos, Lightning cruise past Chicago 5-1 January 14, 2021
- The Goat leads Bucs as they Squeak by Washington January 10, 2021
- Tampa Bay takes on Washington in Wild-Card round January 8, 2021
- Tampa Bay hangs on against Atlanta to secure first wild card spot. January 3, 2021
- Tampa Bay takes on Atlanta in pivotal home finale January 3, 2021
- End of an era: Snell traded to San Diego December 28, 2020